MEGADETH — Rust in Peace (review)

MEGADETH — Rust in Peace album cover Album · 1990 · Thrash Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
aglasshouse
There's nothing much more to add about Megadeth's knock-you-off-your-seat blast into the 90's that people haven't already stated. By this time metal was well into the music industry, but with Rust In Peace Megadeth had opened up a whole new crevasse for other bands to jump into in this decade. A highly influential and simply golden piece of metal material, Rust In Peace is considered by many to be one of the greatest metal albums of all time.

Let's keep this short and to the point. Mustaine is spectacular. Is voice is obviously fitting to whatever Megadeth plays, mostly because he seems like he was engineered to play such a role. Especially when he's coinciding with such smashing guitar-ing from Friedman as well as rocking the floor himself. Nick Menza is like the thunder to the lightning, and delivers some flawless percussion that you rarely see in metal bands. His playing perfectly fits neatly alongside his band-mates in 'Hangar 18', as well as in the stunning opening (and full product) of my personal favorite track 'Lucretia'.

That's pretty much all there is to it. Rust in Peace is awe-inspiring and all other kinds of inspiring. The intrepid songwriting and the majesty at which they play is just plain amazing. Pick it up if you haven't heard it yet.

Great review, I certainly agree that Mustaine's vocals fit perfectly with the music.

Thousand Years Of Terror Technical Thrash Metal