MEGADETH Rust in Peace

Album · 1990 · Thrash Metal
NorseGangsta
Rust in Peace is the pinnacle of Megadeth's career. None of their albums have and most likely ever will surpass it. It was recorded with one of their best line ups and contains many of their best songs. Moving on to the music, it is nearly flawless. The riffs are played with intense precision and the solos by both Marty Freidman and Dave Mustaine are perfect. Dave Ellefson and Nick Menza provide a solid base for the guitarists to work off of, yet they too also have great performances. While Marty Freidman has most of the extremely technical, musically challenging solos, it is clear that Dave Mustaine owns this record. He is the sole lyricist and composer on six of the nine tracks, and his solos are mind-blowing with their speed and ferocity. Another thing to note is that while Dave Mustaine doesn't have the greatest voice, it's impressive how much of a range he uses while playing complex riffs. The recommended songs from this album are: Holy Wars...The Punishment Due, Hangar 18, Five Magics, Lucretia, and Rust in Peace...Polaris. Overall, this album is one of the the greatest in thrash metal, easily surpassing Ride the Lightning or Reign in Blood in its technicality, lyrical content, and overall musical composition. (Side note: DO NOT buy the remastered version of this album. Nearly all the vocal tracks are re-recorded and they sound much worse than the original.)

I really love the title track

The Spiritualist Deathcore