IRON MAIDEN — Powerslave (review)

IRON MAIDEN — Powerslave album cover Album · 1984 · NWoBHM Buy this album from MMA partners
666sharon666
Though I've always been quite disappointed with Piece of Mind, the first album from the classic Iron Maiden line-up, the following Powerslave is quite the different story. For me this is the album where the band really made their mark, and the start of one of the most creative periods in the band's history.

Every song on here, be it the well known singles Aces High and 2 Minutes to Minute, the epic length Rime of the Ancient Mariner, the title track or the other less famous songs, is flawless. The music has an energy to that stands unmatched by anything they did before or I think since, though this certainly isn't the only masterpiece the band have put out. Tracks like Flash of the Blade and Back in the Village deserve just as much attention really as those iconic singles while in Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) the band also prove capable of pulling of a rare instrumental piece, their first since the Paul Di'Anno era and also last to appear on an Iron Maiden studio album to date. Though many may prefer the singles or the epic, the title track remains my personal favourite from the album. But regardless of what you like best Powerslave was the first Iron Maiden where everything came together perfectly.

Attribution: http://metaltube.freeforums.org/iron-maiden-powerslave-t3605.html