BLACK SABBATH — Paranoid (review)

BLACK SABBATH — Paranoid album cover Album · 1970 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Stephen
Who would argue when people hailed "Paranoid" as Black Sabbath's magnum opus? After the magnificent debut, Sabbath continued to deliver an even mindblowing creation. This record wasn't only commercially successful, but also stroke hard in many young listeners' mind and gave them an inspiring idea that contributed a lot to the future development of heavy metal. The real strength of this album is the dynamic of the composition. Almost every thing that you never imagined were blended well into one big bucket and the band stirred 'em nice.

Three sensational classics are inside this album and that probably can be the big reason for you to buy this album. "War Pigs" had its paralyzing riffs and Ozzy's inviting vocal really shake people's emotion to sing along to the track. The title track, which is perhaps their most-recognized track, has a furious rhythm and superb hooks. "Iron Man" tried a slower tempo with heavy riffs, another strong tune to love. "Planet Caravan" showed their psychedelic attempt with a strange vocal effect, this one is a soothing and I praised this one big. "Electric Funeral" is a real doomy song, one of their greatest underrated tracks. "Rat Salad" is quite similar with Zeppelin's "Moby Dick", putting Bill Ward to the front. The closing track, "Fairies Wear Boots", is the most progressive track which is a blues-based, mostly fast, and heavy, I love this one.

"Paranoid" is truly a landmark release of the band, but personally, this isn't a record I can listen to everyday. The idealistic and variety value of the album forced me to have the right mood to fully spin this. If you're a big fan of metal, this is basically the starting point of most genres. Nothing short of great music inside, couple of decent tracks maybe, but Sabbath deserved a huge 4.5 stars.

Uinuos syömein sota Pagan Black Metal