HELLOWEEN — Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II (review)

HELLOWEEN — Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II album cover Album · 1988 · Power Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
silversaw
I can't believe this album doesn't have a full five star average!!!! This is Helloween AND power metal at its very best!! From the opening strains of "Invitation" you know that something big is on the way...and Helloween do not let you down. "Eagle Fly Free" could easily be a blueprint for what power metal has become over the years. Quick double-bass verses, twin guitar attack, huge epic chorus...even a little bass / drum solo in the middle from Markus and Ingo to keep your ass up!!! Doesn't get much better than this folks!!!

This album flows perfectly all the way through to the album centerpiece...the 13 minute title track...one of the greatest metal songs ever written. The album ends on "Save Us" which I never considered a part of the album...I believe the version I originally had listed this as a bonus track...we're talking 1988 so it gets a bit fuzzy.

If I had to tell anyone what album to buy to get into power metal, this would be the one!!! There are only one or two other albums in the genre that get such high regards (Gamma Ray's Land Of The Free for one), but without this disc, they would have never been!!!!

5 / 5 every day of the week!!!!!!

Verdugos Y Mendigos Sludge Metal