UNDERGANG — Indhentet af Døden (review)

UNDERGANG — Indhentet af Døden album cover Album · 2010 · Death Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
"Indhentet af Døden" is the debut full-length studio album by Danish death metal act Undergang. The album was originally self-released as a promo tape limited to 100 copies but Me Saco Un Ojo Records picked up the album for a January 2010 vinyl release. The vinyl is limited to 400 copies on black vinyl and 100 copies on brown vinyl.

Undergang play old school, muddy and filthy death metal. The guitars are distorted, muddy and buzzing, the growls are completely indecipherable and low in the mix and with song-titles like "Opslugt af Mørket" ("Consumed by darkness"), "Forkullede Rester" ("Charred Remains") and "Indhentet Af Døden" ("Overtaken by Death") the old school death metal aestethics are further explored. As you might have noticed all song-titles and lyrics are in the Danish language, but as the growls are not easily decipherable I don´t think it should prove to be much of an issue to anyone.

The production is filthy and raw, but fans of the most primitive old school death metal out there will probably enjoy this sound greatly.

"Indhentet af Døden" is a pretty good old school death metal release, but it does become a bit monotenous after a while and taking into account that the album is only 31:31 minutes long, that´s of course a bit of a shame. Still a 3 star rating is warranted.

Catharsis Deathcore