ANAL CUNT I Like It When You Die

Album · 1997 · Grindcore
What an impression. A masterpiece for me that has broken my traditional values for "rock". A. C.'s third studio album "I Like It When You Die" is kinda killer. At first look at the insane sleeve, and I don't know if you could realize why I purchased this album only "via this sleeve, without knowing them at all (lol)". And next moment an infernal feedback and deep, heavy phrases of Funeral March by Chopin (aka The 3rd Movement of Piano Sonata No. 2, Op. 35) attack us. Seth sings (shouts?) as well too rapidly (smartly?) for us the audience to understand well as words (actually more and more speedier than Napalm Death, such a speed God in the death metal scene). I've attended their gig in Osaka ... about 20 years before (when I was young!) and got completely knocked out by their powerful play and speed itself. And another surprise for me is that all of the three (Seth, Josh, and Nate) play speedily, heavily, deeply, and bombastically. Everyone says this band should be characterized by Seth's quirky voices but sounds like they should be another great heavy slush metal combo, at least for me.

Funny that they always make fun of somebody renowned, or around them (even an ex-member) ... this tendency has been heard especially via the previous album "40 More Reasons To Hate Us" ... not sure this "bad joke" is a kind of ceremony for our pleasure, or their ironic taste for the "sincere" world. Who cares? Why don't we laugh for their fun? "311 Sucks" or "Hootie And The Blowfish" should never betray our expectations really. The first expression reminds us of the artist, and the latter consists just of noisy explosion and violent words as usual. Hey don't look down of the world, the audience, but how interesting their antithesis is. Honest to say this stuff has completely changed my thought. Wondering if everyone could understand me - one of A. C. manias.

DamoXt7942 wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised I would be here, too! :P
5 months ago
Damo, I didn't know you were on MMA too!
5 months ago
The world needs more Anal Cunt reviews!

Faces Of Death Death Metal