CANDLEMASS — Epicus Doomicus Metallicus (review)

CANDLEMASS — Epicus Doomicus Metallicus album cover Album · 1986 · Traditional Doom Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
SilentScream213
Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. The name carries immense weight, even before hearing what lies therein. Often given the title of the greatest Doom Metal album of all time, bandleader Leif Edling carries the band with immense riff-writing prowess, and Johan Längqvist wields a powerful, epic operatic bellow. Here, he sets the now solidified trope of epic vocals in Trad Doom. His voice was very unique at the time, being capable hitting highs and lows and everything in between, but always remaining melodic and full of vibrato. The riffs here are reminiscent of early Sabbath, but heavier, groovier, and better.

Epicus Doomicus Metallicus has no shortage of quality riffs and vocals, and in fact, there is absolutely no filler to be found. Something Candlemass hadn’t expanded on for Doom, however, was the mood and atmosphere. The songs here remain rather generic worshippings of demons, god, and death in general, and apart from some nice acoustic sections, there is no variation in style or sound. Candlemass are no doubt gods at what they do, which is play straightforward Trad Doom. Unfortunately, to call this the greatest Doom Metal album of all time when the genre has expanded into something so much more than straightforward slow metal is rather unfounded.

Paranoid Heavy Metal

SEVERSUN
Ouroboros Hardcore Punk
Сказочная хата Hardcore Punk
TELL ME A FAIRYTALE

Tell Me a Fairytale - ???????-???????
Bosh66· 2 hours ago
Tell Me a Fairytale - Encore (Official Video)
Bosh66· 2 hours ago