RUSSIAN CIRCLES — Enter (review)

RUSSIAN CIRCLES — Enter album cover Album · 2006 · Metal Related Buy this album from MMA partners
Pelata
Forsaking vocalists, a lot of bands these days are opting to stick to instrumental creativity to construct vivid, emotional sonic tapestries. An entire genre & scene has in turn been constructed. Bands such as Red Sparowes, Pelican, Canvas Solaris, Explosions In The Sky & others have built substantial followings over the last few years by simply defying convention, musical or otherwise.

Enter Russian Circles. Their 2006 release Enter would fall under the ever-broadening definition of what this genre is becoming. The term “Post Rock” is almost becoming too confining. Russian Circles combine jagged ambience with dashes of Prog Metal, creating loud, brash peaks & melancholy, cavernous depths on this 6 track release.

The trick in this genre is to not bore the listener. What with no vocals to latch onto, there is the problem of keeping people’s attention. Russian Circles deliver their music with a great amount of energy & conviction, literally leaving you waiting for what comes next. In the midst of taking in the current movement, you can’t help but wonder where they’ll go from that point. A stellar effort.

Paranoid Heavy Metal

Metsade Jumalad Hard Rock
SORUS
Perfectly Preserved Nu Metal
LOVE AND DEATH

Redemption - Little Men (OFFICIAL)
REDEMPTION