CARRO BOMBA Carcaça

Album · 2011 · Traditional heavy metal
progshine
It is not every day that we found great Hard Rock/Heavy metal albums sung in Portuguese. But here you go: Carro Bomba, from São Paulo, Brazil!

Usually Heavy Metal, at least in Brazil, is synonymous with imitating everything that Iron Maiden did. This includes the clothes, the riffs and the lyrics, which are generally shameful, to say the least.

Not here! Carcaça has a heavy, ripped, nervous, angry sound and the lyrics are highly intelligent, talking about daily life and social criticisms without falling into 'boremdoness' and that are pertinent.

Another thing that stands out, a lot, in this fourth album of Carro Bomba are the vocals of Rogério Fernandes! With his tone à la Ronnie James Dio he does not exaggerate in high notes (a fatal error and very common in bands of the genre) but also does not exaggerate in the 'torn' moments of his voice!

Perfect balance between vocal and powerful instrumental. Basically the best album released on Brazilian soil in this genre!

The record is available at ONERPM (https://onerpm.com/disco/album&album_number=7619371758) for a very cheap price and is worth it!

Go for it, you know you want to!

Bosh66 wrote:
Very decent album. I’ll have to take your word about the highly intelligent lyrics though as my Portuguese is a little rusty 😉