Topic: Opeth Studio Albums
Posted By: Phonebook Eater
Subject: Opeth Studio Albums
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:21pm
This is the real Opeth studio albums pollWink

Replies:
Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:09pm
Watershed which for me is their most diverse release to date with much of their best music too.

Posted By: Sleepwalker
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:11pm
Still Life is among the very best albums I own, so that one gets my vote. 

Posted By: J-Man
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:35pm
Still Life was my introduction to extreme metal, and it will remain one of the best until the day I die. Wink

-------------
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Posted By: Any Colour You Like
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:44pm
Blackwater Park, epic riffs, epic soundscapes, brutal and subtle. A real desert island album.

Posted By: The Pessimist
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:50pm
MAYH, without a doubt.

Followed by Still Life, then Deliverance, then BWP

Posted By: Morningrise
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:40pm

Although my nickname would indicate quite the opposite, Morningrise is in fact my third favourite Opeth album, behind Still Life and Blackwater Park (anyway, the three of them are 5 star albums to me)

Posted By: DeathOfSeasons
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:18am
I only own three of their albums (Blackwater Park,  Damnation and Watershed) and I went with Blackwater Park. I thought Watershed was absolutely horrible apart from Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater.

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:11am
Usually I'd go for Still Life, but today MAYH takes the cake. Such an awesome disc.

-------------

Posted By: Pekka
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:08am

If the last three tracks of Watershed were as brilliant as the first four it would be my favourite, but now it's Blackwater Park followed by Ghost Reveries and Still Life. Orchid is the only album of theirs that I'm not very fond of.

-------------
http://iamthreepeople.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow"> <- Click on this!

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 6:25am
Yeah, Watershed is incredibly solid. Can't wait to see what they put out next.

In all honesty, my least favourite album by them is probably Ghost Reveries, although Ghost Of Perdition is easily my favourite Opeth track.

-------------

Posted By: GregSalvador
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:02pm

Very difficult to rate them... I voted Still Life.

Still Life
BWP
Morningrise
MAYH
Deliverance
GR
Orchid
Watershed
Damnation

Love them all, though.

Posted By: Evolutionary Sleeper
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:18pm
Still Life for me as well, the atmosphere on that album can't be beat. Ghost Reveries 2nd.

-------------

Posted By: Stooge
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Blackwater Park, epic riffs, epic soundscapes, brutal and subtle. A real desert island album.

Couldn't have said it better.

Posted By: The Pessimist
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

Usually I'd go for Still Life, but today MAYH takes the cake. Such an awesome disc.

Someone else has seen the light Hug

Although the album is pretty rare nowadays, I think the reason it's more unopoular than it's followers is because it's so difficult to get hold of.

Posted By: topofsm
Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:01pm
Morningrise and MAYH. Mind you, I still need to get Still Life.

-------------
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.

Posted By: bonnek
Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 12:07pm
Blackwater Park.
Closely followed by Ghost Reveries and My Arms Your Hearse

Posted By: Metalbaswee
Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 12:24pm
Ghost Of Perdition and Baying Of The Hounds are my fav. tracks by far, but Blackwater Park is a more solid album then Ghost Reveries. So Blackwater Park for me

-------------

Posted By: bsms810
Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:02pm
Ghost Reveries for me... as it has the best 'one two three' ive ever heard in an album opening: Ghost of Perdition, Baying of the Hounds and Beneath the Mire....

Posted By: Citizen Erased
Date Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:10am
Still need to hear a couple of the earlier ones but BWP slays everything else I've heard by them.

Posted By: EliasMisael
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:34pm
Orchid, because it has the song that restored my faith in metal: Forest Of October.
Follwed by: Morningrise, Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park & Damnation.

Posted By: deathlifereborn
Date Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:08am
hmm...I have to say Still Life for me, the beautiful red cover gets me every time. A great conceptual piece Cool

Posted By: ByTor
Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:25am
Ghost Reveries. Baying Of The Hounds, Beneath The Mire, Grand Conjuration... can't go wrong!

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: 23 May 2010 at 10:28am
i like the one without the death growls - 

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Posted By: NecronCommander
Date Posted: 31 May 2010 at 12:55pm
My vote goes to Ghost Reveries.  Bar none.

Posted By: 1dude
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:05pm
Sweet!  Just found out about this website!  And where better to start posting than an Opeth poll, since they're one of my favs!!

My vote was for Still Life, with BWP being a VERY close second!  I must also give kudos to Morningrise, as that was my introduction to the band.  Then there's GR with its stellar production.  I do like Watershed alot too, with "The Lotus Eater" being one of the craziest songs ever; and "Coil --> Heir Apparent", which I consider to be one song since they totally feed off each other to perfection.

It's very difficult picking a favorite, however, since usually my favorite Opeth album would be the one playing at a particular time.Smile

Posted By: Silver Shade of Lead
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 1:16pm
Been listening to Still Life, this morning. A lot of mood and life flowing through that record, albeit Morningrise has it for me. It's got so much raw power and unabashed creativity, yet fits together surprisingly very well, taking in to account it's a very early studio output. The sound, however, is miles away from the productive values of Opeth's latter efforts.

Posted By: Silver Shade of Lead
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by 1dude 1dude wrote:

Sweet!  Just found out about this website!  And where better to start posting than an Opeth poll, since they're one of my favs!!

My vote was for Still Life, with BWP being a VERY close second!  I must also give kudos to Morningrise, as that was my introduction to the band.  Then there's GR with its stellar production.  I do like Watershed alot too, with "The Lotus Eater" being one of the craziest songs ever; and "Coil --> Heir Apparent", which I consider to be one song since they totally feed off each other to perfection.

It's very difficult picking a favorite, however, since usually my favorite Opeth album would be the one playing at a particular time.Smile

I hear you loud and clear, buddy. Even Watershed sounds great whenever I hear it. There aren't any weak albums from Opeth, just records slightly further from that Akerfeldt perfection we all know and love =D
Btw, welcome to the site!

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 9:05am
Blackwater Park is beating Still Life! It must be good tho havent heard BP

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Posted By: Prog Geo
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 10:00am
Still life!!!

Posted By: The Angry Scotsman
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 2:36am
Still Life.
To this day still my favorite Opeth album, and one of my top 5 metal albums.

-------------
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan

Posted By: topofsm
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 3:03am
I'm going to go for MAYH. To be perfectly honest, actually, I don't care for anything Blackwater Park and onward.

-------------
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.

Posted By: bartosso
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 9:36am
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I'm going to go for MAYH.

So do I. It was the true watershed in their career - maturely composed, beautiful record. Still Life in many ways is better than MAYH but nothing can beat that harsh ambiance. Actually, I love all their albums... except for WatershedOuch

-------------
http://shrineofllyria.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://shrineofllyria.blogspot.com/

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:45pm
Gotta be Ghost Reveries

Blackwater Park, MAYH, Still Life and Deliverance are all nearly as good though

Posted By: The Block
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 4:16pm
Watershed got me into Opeth, and from there I bought Damnation and Still Life. My vote goes for Still Life since it's awesome and better than Watershed IMO. I really like Damnation but it's missing that classic Opeth feel since it stays light the whole entire time.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:59am
Damnation started it for me and then I heard Deliverance which turned me off, then Still Life sparked my interest and recently Ghost reveries sealed the deal. Amazing band - still Damnation is my choice - I could not get those songs out of my head since then. Very powerful album.

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Posted By: Time Signature
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:01am
For some strange reason, my favorite album is "Damnation". The others are brilliant, too, but for me it's "Damnation".

-------------

Posted By: The Angry Scotsman
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

For some strange reason, my favorite album is "Damnation". The others are brilliant, too, but for me it's "Damnation".

Nothing strange.
I mean it's not metal but it is a damn fine album! Big smile

-------------
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan

Posted By: The Block
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Nothing strange.
I mean it's not metal but it is a damn fine album! Big smile

It is, but I got watershed first so when I got it I was a little let down that it wasn't as heavy.

-------------

Posted By: The Truth
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:14pm
Either Blackwater Park or Still Life... I'm not sure...

-------------
http://bit.ly/vNlKf3" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Sinkadotentree
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:58am
"Damnation" is one of my all-time favourite albums period. It's a mood altering record that transports me to a good place everytime i listen to it. Blackwater Park and Still Life are my other top three Opeth albums.

Posted By: adg211288
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 6:46am
I love them all but it has to be Still Life.

-------------
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
https://premium.gg2u.org?referrer=adg211288" rel="nofollow - GG2U

https://adamsfilmcorner.quora.com/" rel="nofollow - Adam's Film Corner on Quora

Posted By: Unitron
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:15pm
Either Orchid, Morningrise, or Still Life. Three very beautiful death metal albums if that makes any sense. Voted Still Life.

-------------
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk