MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Metallica Appreciation Thread

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:07am By ProgMetaller2112
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I thought that I had seen one of these already but a search didn't find one, so here we go.  Let us use this thread to discuss things that we like, err... appreciate about the, dare I say, "ultimate" thrash band of the 80's and 90's.  

I was probably 15 years old when I first heard them back in 1985.  I was out mowing my lawn, when my ears heard something amazing coming from my buddy/neighbor's garage.  He was blasting Ride The Lightning, and I was immediately floored by what I heard.  Back in those days, CDs and the internet didn't exist yet, so most music purchases were either of the vinyl or cassette variety.  I belonged to the Columbia House music club, but Metallica had not yet graced their pages yet.  I had to purchase a metal guitar magazine in order to find them, and than special order them via the mail.  I had never done anything like that before, but within a few short weeks I was the proud owner of Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning on vinyl.  And they were both well worth the purchase.  I am one of those strange people around these parts that when I like a band I tend to like everything that they have done, and Metallica is no exception for me.  I realize that albums like Re-Load and St. Anger aren't of the same quality of their previous works, but they are still albums that I enjoy listening to from time to time. 

Anyhow, I have many other stories to tell, but I thought that I would try and get this thread started with this one.  Let us know what you like and appreciate about one of the bands that put thrash music on the map. 

You are not alone in this I am one of those strange people too LOL

Anyway to the thread's topic, I have always enjoyed Metallica's material. When I was younger(like about 10 or 11) I remembered catching and hearing glimpses of the Black Album and thinking how awesome that was but it was not necessarily a mind-blower. I remembered watching the videos for St.Anger on MTV as that got me curious about the band because I knew(even I hadn't really the band's music all too much) that they had great stuff. Then, I heard One on the radio(on K-Roq) and I was blown away. As of late I have gained even more of an appreciation of Tallica's music. Truly a great band especially in the 1980s and early 90s. They are the band that exposed me to other great Metal bands too Clap

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 03 Sep 2014 at 5:29pm

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.059 seconds.