MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - 'alternative' metal... discuss

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 7:25am By Silver Shade of Lead
I feel a Nu-Metal subgenre wouldn't be an exercise in extreme categorization. Nevertheless, it could find inclusion as sub-genre in the Alternative Metal category, much to the likes of NWoBHM in Traditional Heavy Metal.

The bands that fit in such sub-genre share elements present in the overall sound of Alt Metal, yet it seems that Faith No More, or early Tool is on a completely different range than, say, Limp Bizkit (and it's not just because they'd mop the floor with the latter).

True that intense categorization leads to an overbearing w**kery of labels, but I find this case would lead to structural benefit, since Nu-Metal is a pretty specific wave, in which its fans would enjoy to find discriminated among the existent categories to further enrich their own database and discover new tastes.

In addition, the opposite can also be accountable, if one is looking for Alternative Metal, but wishes to exclude the Nu-Metal sub-genre from his/her findings.

It's just a thought I don't think would strike as nitpicking or extremely difficult to perform.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.057 seconds.