MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Edge of Sanity

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:07pm By J-Man
Here's my time to shine... Big smile I am admittedly an Edge of Sanity (and Dan Swan� in general) fanboy, so I can definitely help you out here.

Crimson
is indeed their best album IMO, and their only 5-star masterpiece. Crimson II should appeal to you if you're alright with some neo-prog influences (especially the heavy synth use).

Purgatory Afterglow is one of the best Edge of Sanity albums, though not as "proggy" as Crimson. It has many progressive tendencies, and has some crushing death metal parts as well. This is one of the next Edge of Sanity albums you should get.

The Spectral Sorrows is a fantastic death metal album. It's very diverse, but not as proggy as Crimson. You can read my review (on PA or MMA) to see what I mean by that.

Unorthodox is a great album, but isn't as good as the previously mentioned albums. It's probably their heaviest as well.

The other 3 albums aren't very good (though the debut is worthwhile if you love old school Swedish death metal and are okay with poor production qualities).

HOWEVER, before you check out any more Edge of Sanity albums, I would recommend getting some Nightingale albums, especially since you're not a "huge" death metal fan. The Closing Chronicles is Nightingale's best, as well as one of my all-time favorite albums. Swan� has also been in like 500 other bands, and from what I've heard, most of them are worth checking out, pending on what you're looking for.

Hope that helps,
-Jeff

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.060 seconds.