Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 26 May 2012 at 2:14pm By dtguitarfan
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Originally posted by dtguitarfan dtguitarfan wrote:

Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Mind if I add a couple thoughts of my own?

Go right ahead!  And thank you for your thoughts/commentary on what I wrote!  Smile

Alrighty.  I just want to say that, for better or for worse, great artwork on an album's cover can do wonders for one's listening experience.  I know that music should simply be about music and not image, but for those of us who are more visual learners, the cover art often has a great effect on how we perceive the music.  Not only will I be more easily swayed to listen to an album that also has visual appeal, but I also tend to appreciate it more as well; a colorful album cover will make the music seem more lush, while a darker or more subtle one will bring out a lower mood.  The easiest example I can think of is when my iPod can't load the artwork for albums for whatever reason...man, that pisses me off to no end.  I don't know why.  It just helps to have something visually appealing to associate with something sonically appealing, you know?  Again, it's something that probably shouldn't matter, but it's no coincidence that some of my favorite albums have some really awesome artwork to go with them.

Haha, that's so funny - I would like to say that artwork doesn't affect my appreciation of an album, but it sure does help.  LOL  I think I can get past it usually, though - I guess for me, good/bad cover art is more of a selling point.  Once I've bought the album, I can judge it just by the music.  For example - one of my favorite artists is Anubis Gate.  But for some reason I didn't "get" them, really, until their latest album, the self-titled one.  But as far as cover art goes, especially for them, the cover is a little boring.  But it's the album that helped me to "get" them, and made me go back to their old stuff and listen again (now I love their other albums).

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.082 seconds.