MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - King Diamond appreciation thread

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:03pm By IndianaJones
Great music, especially the trio Abigail-"Them"-Conspiracy. All albums that I've heard are good, but for some reason I have never enjoyed The Eye as much as everyone else seems to. I enjoy the music that came after the first five albums too, especially the two new ones. Give Me Your Soul... Please was a step down in quality concerning the story, but in musical terms I think it was very good. Puppet Master seemed very good also, but since I've heard it only a couple of times I can't really judge it rightfully.

The nineties seem a bit underrated, although it didn't continue the pure awesomeness of the first few albums, the music was in no means bad. I haven't heard The Graveyard, and I've heard the Spider's Lullabye only a couple of times, but they're a lot better than what people generally state. I'm very fond of the House of God also, it has a really tight atmosphere that sucks you deep into the story if you're in the right state of mind. HoG reminds me a bit of The X-Factor by Iron Maiden, for they both reveal their true strength only when you listen them completely focused and have time to dive in to their atmospheric soundscapes.

And yeah, Mercyful Fate is awesome too, the first two albums are legendary and I liked In the shadows very much too. Besides these three I've only heard 9, which I didn't enjoy that much because it steers more towards a heavier and darker sound.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.