Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:37am By adg211288
Artist: Paradise Lost
Album: Medusa
Old Rating: 5/5

Verdict: Paradise Lost's return to death-doom seems to be going down for many as a blip in their discography's currently run of quality albums, although I fail to understand exactly why. Nevertheless the evidence for this general opinion speaks for itself when you look at RYM's data: for a such a well known band, less than 1000 users have rated Medusa in three years since it's release (put that in contrast with 2020's Obsidian, which has already surpassed 1000 ratings) and while it's actual average rating is a respectable 3.40, that still puts it alongside the likes of Paradise Lost (2005) and Symbol of Life (2002) rather than everything else they've released since In Requiem (2007). Paradise Lost are a rare band on RYM where even their lowest ranked album has an average of 3+, which is testament to their overall quality (easily in my top 5 bands of all time these days), but it is surprising to see this one ranked on the lower end and perhaps more than that, how generally ignored this feels being their only album with less than 1000 ratings (The Plague Within has over 700 more ratings). I used to think Tragic Idol the overlooked one from modern Paradise Lost, but obviously isn't actually Medusa. Not for me though. Although this is not my favourite Paradise Lost album overall, it is my favourite death-doom Paradise Lost album (yes, even over Gothic), as well as my most played on Last.fm from them. 

New Rating: No Change. 

Edited by adg211288 - 09 Nov 2020 at 4:38am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.051 seconds.