MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:30am By MAVIIIVAM
Well . . .

Last week I got the NEW "Forbidden" album (My Local Store gets some pretty cool stuff a few days
before the actual due-date Smile) "Omega Wave" . . .
Wasnt even looking for it, was just going through the Metal Section Bin and THERE IT WAS! Shocked!
Now that I have listened to it for a few days, it is clear to me that this album kicks major ass and
should be sought out by any Tech-Thrash fan.

Hehe, heres where it gets a bit weird LOL . . .
Even though a great album, I miss Tim Clavert, even Glen Alvelais from "Forbidden Evil", but Tim's
style was something that shined and had me take notice from "Twisted Into Form" and onto
"Distortion".
Tim would go on to join Nevermore on "Dreaming Neon Black" and "Dead Heart in a Dead World"
which are 2 of my faves by them.  He would then sadly quit the biz, as he had a great steady
9 to 5 and a Family to take care of.
Enter "Steve Smyth", he joins Forbidden with Tim's old cohort and original Lead Guitarist Craig
Locicero
, If you know Forbidden's sound, you can hear Craigs great riffage and soloing that has
been a staple of the Band.  Steve does an excellent job in the new line-up and having his own
Tone . . . AND as many may know, Steve was a member twice with Nevermore Big smile!

I was also wishing Drummer Paul Bostaph would be back after fame with Slayer and Testament,
he'd be with his old Band-mates from Concord Ca. But we have new-comer "Mark Hernandez"
doing an ample job (great feet work) but was wishing for more variety on the cymbals (Steve
Jacobs from "Distortion" and "Green" I thought did an excellent job) but hey, awesome work!
"Matt Camacho" on Bass always delivers since the beginning, so no complaints from me.

The sound is still "Bay Area Thrash" all the way, and thats how I like it, stands up to the Swedes
as my fave "Continents" of Thrash Wink.  But as Forbidden would have it, some of the most
intelligent and contemporary Lyrics to march through our times, many topics I can relate to that
interest me and to contemplate.  But what are words without a great vocalist?

Why I love this album.
And his name is Russ Anderson, the main reason Forbidden IS Forbidden, the Giant Red Haired
Viking DEMANDING you to listen and look toward him on stage!  This album shows ALL his
diversity as a singer, grunter, screamer, yeller (and even a bit of Barking/Cookies) as-well as some
cool melodic/harmonized vocals!  He pretty much uses all his vocal ranges that he's ever used
and then some, and the inflections he uses-emphasising certain words, he's a mechanic of the
Vox . . .
He reminds me why he is still my favorite Metal Vocalist (And thats edging out Dio, Martin,
Dickinson and Tate), though I only hope he can keep healthy and lay off the "Blunt" till after the
shows Tongue.
I've seen the man sing and was lucky enough to be handed the Mic 5 times (To my SHOCK he had
said to the Band "This is the 1st person I gave a Mic to-who sang in the same Key" Embarrassed), as he can
hit those "Rob Halford 5 octaves"! He is truely amazing, and is a moment that will be remembered
forever.

I am enjoying every minute of this album.  From the Metal March Intro of "Alpha Century" into the
Full Fucking Aggression opener "Forsaken at the Gates" to the end with the Middle-Eastern tinged
Epic "Omega Wave" as violent as its content of meaningless War under Zealotry.
But I find that "Hopenosis" has been staying on my mind since the 1st listen, groovy, catchy and a
political view that I find familiar.

I hope that you will be thrilled as I am Clap.  A truely excellent album.

Forsaken at the Gates:

Hopenosis:

Listening Party Interview Big smile:

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 03 Dec 2010 at 1:18am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.071 seconds.