MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 5:08am By MAVIIIVAM
Updated 4/20/11.

Nevermore
!!!
One of my all time faves Big smile!
Though I REALLY dont like that they are called "Powermetal" as PM vocals are always melodic (clean) and follow a melody/Classical melody as the Guitar leads-follow in suit.  And the Drums are what me and my friends call "Happy Feet" LOL as the double bass are at constant rumble, not a lot of real time-changes.
Nevermore are really more of a "Tech-Thrash" Metal with Prog Metal elements (imo).  But they are heavier and have more time changes than most Powermetal I've heard (Though Symphony X and Blind Guardian break the mold too, and the founders of PM "Helloween" were more like a faster Iron Maiden Smile), and super SUPER tight, and they pull
it off Live as well.
LOVED Sanctuary too, I have their 1st "Refuge Denied" on LP, "The Mirror Black" and the somewhat rare "Into the Mirror Live/Dark Reflections" on Cd('s).

Heres Nevermore Fucking Shit Up!

Jeff Loomis was the lone Guitarist on their debut but checkout the Solo, its INSANE!  And Van Williams has to be
the most underated Drummer out there! (Nevermore seems to like Forbidden as they have had 2 Guitarists from the
Bay Area neighbors- Tim Calvert, and current 2nd Lead Steve Smyth).

If some of you guys missed Time Sigs Thread:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=586

Big smile

Recent Update:

This apparently was written when Nevermore's latest "The Obsidian Conspiracy" debuted, as a NEW
Sanctuary
album is being made! Shocked
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/06/30/less-is-nevermore-the-warrel-dane-interview/#more-38956

"Hey, speaking of the bass player and the music of your life, I am fuckin� psyched about this long-overdue Sanctuary reunion!

[laughs] Yeah, wait �til you hear some of the new stuff! I�ve got a song that I�ve been working on the last few days. It�s pretty frickin� cool.

You�re not joking right now? You�re already working on music?

No, I�m not joking at all! It sounds like Into The Mirror Black stuff, which obviously is the evolution of our sound. We�re going to really start rehearsing again and just [pauses] deal with it. It feels right for some reason. I know I said years ago that I wouldn�t do this. That was probably because most of us weren�t really friends. We didn�t talk to each other.

No shit!

No, the ending of that band was weird. It got kind of ugly at the end. Eventually, we grew up a little and started talking to each other again. Now, we�re in a place where we�re good friends again. Which is cool cuz we�re all different people now.

I had always thought that Len [Rutledge, Sanctuary guitarist] � He tried a couple bands after Sanctuary broke up, but then he kind of quit doing music. One day, it occurred to me that he�s too talented to not be doing something. I thought, maybe we should work on something together and see what happens. It happened very slowly. It�s a good feeling.

Hey, those Sanctuary albums were magic. You guys were on track to eventually contribute an undisputed classic album to the genre. Everybody knows that. But working with Dave Mustaine on the band�s first record must�ve been weird. How old were you even?

Oh my god. I was a kid. You know what, I have to tell you: I am going to go back and take more voice lessons before I even think about recording another Sanctuary record. I have to! I haven�t been using that aspect of my voice for years because in Nevermore, I don�t think it�s really appropriate. When you�re singing that way, you have to be consistent. And since you�re never too old to learn anything, why not go back and take lessons?

You challenged yourself on those records. No doubt about that.

Oh yeah."

Clap

. . . OH Yeah! Smile

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 21 Apr 2011 at 1:26am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.117 seconds.