Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 12:50am By adg211288
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Yes, being acknowledged is nice. For me, I liked a thank you or a mention from a band more than I liked seeing my name in print, which in itself can give you a buzz which soon wears off... 8 Foot Sativa thanked me in the liner notes for Season For Assault (and spelled my name wrong...) after a couple of reviews and an interview. Also got a mention from Ligature. Erm, and some... person... put a heap of my reviews on Pirate Bay. I don't think they are there any more, but it wasn't me!

I could easily add acknowledgements into sender mistakes actually, because they don't always do their research about you. I had one label that would always credit my old site under its original name instead of the name we changed it to despite multiple times telling them that we'd changed and could they please credit correctly (they wouldn't). When I had my own site as well that was my primary site (with reviews even having an exclusivity period) so as much as I wanted to support MMA too my reviews really should have been linked to Heavy Metal Haven and not MMA back then, yet senders would often credit to MMA instead even if I didn't give them the MMA link and despite the original copy being up a week in advance. 

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.064 seconds.