MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Black Metal drop-in centre

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 8:02am By UMUR
I might not be the right person to answer, as I´ve always had a strained relationship with black metal and it´s only in recent years I´ve come to appreciate select artists in the genre, but I have a good friend, who is big black metal fan and who has played all sorts of artists for me over the years, and even dragged me to a couple of black metal concerts too (I´ve seen Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir and Mayhem twice). So I guess I´m sort of qualified to discuss this subject.

One of the things my friend has always loved about black metal, at least the eighties/early nineties artists, is the focus on individuality and nihilism. A bleak worldview where only the strongest survive. But that´s of course only part of what black metal is about. There is a wide field of other themes covered by other artists, that doesn´t focus on those things. Take for example the whole viking black metal movement, spearheaded by Enslaved. That´s a whole other ball game. There are even a couple of Christian black metal bands out there in Horde and Drottnar (which I might add is a killer band). There are also the absurd/avant garde type black metal acts like Dødheimsgaard and Ved Buens Ende.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.082 seconds.