MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc
Posted: 28 May 2010 at 11:08pm By MAVIIIVAM
Its too bad, just recently noticed that Benedictum was removed from my fave Internet Station, so I guess
they didnt deem them "Progressive" Metal anymore Unhappy. But at-least I have the album.
She does indeed (Veronica) has a set of . . . eh-em LUNGS, very powerful voice and its no surprising
that "Uncreation" has 2 Dio era-Sabbath songs, "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules".
I just learned that she was in a Dio Tribute Band called "Evillution" Thumbs Up.

As to the "Operatic Voices, Raff, I used to feel the same but am now re-discovering many of those
Females that have made it (in)famous.  But a particular fave right now, Floor Jansen of the now
disbanded "Forever After".  I tell you, their last self-titled album astounds me, not only the
Orchestra Arrangements, the Heaviness and subtle complexity of the Music (Much like an
Orchestra, I'm sure thanks to a Young Joost Van Den Broek on Keyboards). And Floor has soo
many different ranges to her voice, to the melodic "Singing", "pretty" and Heavy Metal style, but
when she sings in her Soprano voice, its like a guest Opera Singer comes in (Along with
Guitarists Sander Gommans "Cookie Vocals" for a bit of flavour). Floor has her own Band now
called ReVamp, have not heard them yet.
"Evoke" (Good example of her ranges):

Floor's ReVamp "Disdain":

Wow! She does the harsher style as well.

Znowhite "War Machine":

Aghora "Atmas Heave":

Benedictum, "Shell Shock":

And now the more extreme . . . Arch Enemy!

Various styles that some folks may have missed Rawks

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 29 May 2010 at 3:18am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.059 seconds.