MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Black Metal drop-in centre

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:36pm By bartosso
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

I'm really into Mories' music lately and recently I discovered this:

It's one of Mories' projects. Much more... well melodic is not a good word here, but it's definitely more normally organised and consonant than, say, De Magia Veterum. It's still extremely experimental with strong electronic music element. Unique stuff with unique atmosphere. Check it out guys Thumbs Up

Thanks for the recommendation. I had forgotten about this project and if there is something I don�t want to miss it�s a new Mories project.

I just finished the intro of my upcoming review of the album:

<< Insanity painted death >>

<< What a warped and passionate genius resides in this inconspicuous-looking Dutchman. With Gnaw Their Tongues Mories de Jong has portrayed the very depths of hell with the use of gut-wrenching experimental noise. De Magia Veterum, on the other hand, is nothing less than a dissonant whirlwind of insanity, a black metal soundtrack to misanthropy. Is his newest project more in the vein of the first one or the latter? If I had to choose I'd say Cloak of Altering is similar to DMV... yet somehow absolutely unique. Something different motivated Mories to create this music. Is that a frantic elegy to a dying world? A desperate wail from the void, filled with static of golden radiation? Whatever that is, it's one of the most accessible albums by Mories. And one of the most intriguing. >>

No need to add that I'm fascinated by this album. It was growing on me very slowly but it's worth the effort.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.037 seconds.