MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans
Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:00am By Colt
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember seeing many of those bands. (and others)

Likewise... LOL 

Vardis, Angelwitch, Mythra, Trespass, Samson, Wytchfynde, Tank, Tygers OPT, Praying Mantis, Sledgehammer, Quartz.....

Cool list - I've seen most of those too. I never got to see Witchfynde though Cry

A lot of those were on the bill at Reading Festival in 1982 - did you go, by any chance?

No I didn't.

What headliners we had that year - Budgie, Iron Maiden and The Michael Schenker Group. For a metal head in those days, it just didn't get any better - except when Diamond Head replaced Manowar on the Saturday(?).

Pop rock bands these days! Pinch LOL

I have many of the singles the bands used to sell at the gigs, Mythra released "Death and Destiny" this way I believe.
That's awesome - I never bought any of the singles. I'm kicking myself now, as many are worth a small fortune.

I'd never thought of value until you mentioned it. I'll have to find them (they are in a box somewhere Embarrassed) Is there a good valuation site on the net you know of? I know I have definitely Mythra's as above, Witchfynde's "Give 'Em Hell" and the Tygers "Don't Touch Me There".

Diamond Head famously sold their first album, "Lightning to the Nations" at gigs, which is why some of the 1,000 copies in existence are fully autographed, some partially, and some not at all. Didn't know that.

I  can't believe I can still hear after one of the Angelwitch gigs. Purple were loud as were Motorhead but these guys, unbelievable! LOL

Didn't Motorhead go through a phase of proclaiming themselves the loudest band in the world? I read a story at the time that Saxon beat them one night at the Hammersmith Odeon, and got some kind of noise notice for doing so... I didn't know but how cool is that! LOL

Saxon were bloody loud - awesome band (and unsung influence on Metallica). Yes on all counts!

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.037 seconds.