MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Black Metal drop-in centre

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 2:40am By Vehemency
Originally posted by Murphy Murphy wrote:

Picked up the Ic Rex album you reviewed, but have not had the chance to give it a proper listening yet.
That's been one of my favourites for years, and it's quite a nostalgic experience to go through that album nowadays. Although it's been just 5 years but for my age that is a lot, haha. The second album "Valonkantajan Alkemia" is a masterpiece also but it's no more that noisy (if that's the catch for some people), and it includes real drums. Overall, a bit more traditional black metal album. "Vedenkantaja", the third album, is back to the programmed drums and no noise there also. Does include some beautiful compositions but is overall the weakest IC Rex album.

Not sure what is going on in the IC Rex camp right now, he disappeared from the Finnish black metal forum (where, by the way, most of the Finnish black metal bands seem to be) a year ago and now the website www.icrex.fi is gone. Too bad because the site had English translations of the lyrics. The booklet has them also but the printing sucks so it's really small letters in the booklet, almost unreadable. (EDIT: Oh, Metal Archives seem to include them too!)

I could keep writing about all stuff but now a little break, hah.

Edited by Vehemency - 29 Apr 2010 at 2:44am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.053 seconds.