MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - ALICE COOPER APPRECIATION

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:18am By life93
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by life93 life93 wrote:

absolutely phenomenal artist, extremely underrated in the history of Rock and Roll. He had some amazing musicians in his band over the years (Dennis Dunaway, Dick Wagner, Glen Buxton, the list goes on and on and on). Also one of the best live acts on the planet, always gives the crowd an awesome show.

I don�t think I would call him underrated. The man has sold millions of albums, his live shows are legendary and add to that, that he is still alive and kickin� I�d say he has received just the praise and success that he has earned.

I should have clarified my statement a little bit, maybe overlooked was a better term. What I meant is in in classic rock discussions, and especially in "classic rock polls" Alice is usually either very low on the list or not on the lists at all. I'm also part of the generation of younger fans, I'm 17 and have been listening to Alice Cooper since I was about 10 years old, and it seems only in the past couple of years Alice has received most of the accolades he deserves, Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, The Golden Gods award, etc. Also his music i feel is underrated, when most people think of Alice Cooper,at least people in my age group they think of "oh the dude that wears the crazy makeup and kills himself on stage" and only know the "hit songs" (18,schools out,No More Mr.Nice Guy) when he has a tremendous back catalog of material that has aged extremely well throughout the years.

Edited by life93 - 05 Jul 2011 at 10:30am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.074 seconds.