MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Post-Metal

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:25am By adg211288
I am assuming the logic to have been before the Post-Metal tag came along that it was better to say they were Post-Rock than Atmo Sludge despite Post-Metal being an AKA of Atmo Sludge. 

It's not the only weird thing they have with tagging. I still have not got over deciding to move Speed Metal to be merely a subset of Heavy Metal so now all the Speed Metal albums appear on the Heavy Metal charts even when it's obvious those albums if anything have more to do with Thrash or Power Metal. 

And they really buggered themselves years ago now by rushing through a vote to remove a Progressive Death Metal tag - a change that I perhaps would agree with in theory but would have hesitated to do because of the damage to the site's data such a removal would (and did) cause. To this day only one Opeth album has managed to regain a death metal primary (MA,YH); as much as I support in MMA terms Opeth being in Prog over Death, on a site that allows more than one tag not calling at least the earliest ones out as death metal is ridiculous. I feel the only reason this hasn't happened is because people voted those albums as Progressive Death Metal for years and voted Death Metal down as redundant; downvotes which remained in place after the prog death tag was removed. 

They also have a number of tags I haven't got my head around yet like Black Noise or Doomgaze. 

It feels like these days that if they identify the slightest difference in sound or approach they'll come out with a new genre tag. 

RYM are also really anally retentive about the smallest of details that actually makes trying to add anything to that site a real fucking chore. Like they'd rather an album was illustrated by no image at all rather than one where the dimensions aren't acceptable such as uploading something square for a digipak release. 

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.