MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Progressive Metal Discussion Thread

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Progressive Metal Discussion Thread
Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:26pm By Bosh66
Listening again to the new mini-album by shredding Greek prog metal artist Oh

Prog metal used to be the metal genre I listened most to. I have bloody hundreds of prog metal albums, most I rarely listen to these days. The problem is, it all seemed to get a bit samey (yes I know the accusation may be ironic given I'm the lead for the metalcore subs LOL). For a progressive kick, I tend to listen more to avant-garde metal these days, or mathcore. That's not to say there's not still great prog metal out there - I guess I just became a bit jaded about hunting it down.

Anyway, back on topic. If you like prog metal, listen to the new album from Oh. You can stream it on Bandcamp

The artist is called Olivia Hadjiioannou and even listening to a recording of how to pronounce it on her home page, I still can't do it. Just as well she uses a nickname. But this music is superb. The album is instrumental, with vocals used as an additional instrument. Check out her videos - the girl certainly can sing, but elects not to on this album.

A few times of year an album comes along which piques your interest in a scene. Metallia is one of those for me. 

Any other recent prog metal releases I've missed that I should be listening to?

Edited by Bosh66 - 05 Aug 2018 at 2:29pm

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.070 seconds.