Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:33pm By 666sharon666
I was being semi-sarcastic. I know full well how so called 'trve' and 'kvlt' black metal fans can be (bad spellers for a start) and I know its them who give her such grief as a person. They do the same sort of thing with any black metal act that they deem too trendy (like Deafheaven). Which is why its kinda of ironic that the Myrkur image I posted has 'no trends' written on it. So what are they actually saying? That's she's not trendy enough?

My point was more about how those who at least try to bring her music into it don't actually offer up any decent argument to support why it's supposedly such garbage. Calling it amateur when an album like Filosofem is so well regarded rubs me up the wrong way. Filosofem is so minimalist every song sounds like you're listening to the same few bars of music over and over for each track's duration. Yet on RYM it's the top rated black metal album. How is that okay by them and Myrkur isn't? Because what it looks like to me is for church burning murdering racists like Varg Vikernes and for a woman who if you think about it did the exact opposite of selling out by moving from pop to black metal (if you want to play it without considering the music, as these elitists seem to).

And saying she's not true is bollocks as well. I reckon that they'd criticise her just the same even if she followed the early Mayhem/Darkthrone template by the book. In fact I've seen some calling her a copycat artist as it is, which is even more stupid as anyone whose heard her music can surely tell it's pretty far removed from Mayhem, Darkthrone and even well know atmospheric black metal like Burzum. Ulver's first is probably what M is closest to but I still don't see it as any kind of a rip off. No more than every B grade black metal act out there has ripped off Mayhem and Darkthrone or whoever in some way.

Fortunately the people here are not like this.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.070 seconds.