MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......? >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Can a mod/admin please delete my account?

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Can a mod/admin please delete my account?
Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 3:08am By adg211288
Yes and no.

Yes, because it can be done, technically. No, because the site isn't built in such a way to make doing such a thing easy. Deactivating you won't remove your reviews and history says that outright deleting you would throw off the site's review/rating counts on any album you've rated/reviewed, requiring a full resync which can only be done by a webmaster. We would have to manually delete your ratings/reviews one by one, which as I'm sure you understand is a pretty draining task (you have 142 which isn't as large as some members but it's still a lot since we can't just effectively flip a switch to do it). 

It's actually easier (for us anyway) for you to re-post your new reviews in place of the old ones as you go, either by editing them or deleting them and re-posting anew (recommended if you want them to appear on the Frontpage).

I can change your user name though, if you wish, just post what you want here or send me a PM. 

Edited by adg211288 - 21 Sep 2015 at 3:15am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.086 seconds.