MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthrax Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthrax Thread
    Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:23am
Anthrax seems to be very underrated, I don't see them talked about nearly as much as the other 3 of the big 4 of thrash Tongue

So what are your personal favorite Anthrax albums or songs if any? Smile

My favorite albums are Persistence of Time, Worship Music, and Spreading the Disease

You know, I should really write some Anthrax reviews now LOL 
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:31am
^^^ I really like that first Anthrax album it's like Iron Maiden on steroids LOL. Fantastic piece of work even though it might not be their best

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 31 Aug 2014 at 1:33am
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 2:15am
ANTHRAX - Among The Living cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/anthrax/among-the-living
ANTHRAX - Sound Of White Noise cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/anthrax/sound-of-white-noise

I´m not the greatest fan, but I do enjoy Anthrax in moderate doses. The two albums above are the ones that have had most impact on me.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 5:35pm
great band

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 2:36am
I agree, they do deserve some more recognition. I haven't listened to them TOO much but very much like from what I DID hear! Have to give them more more spins more often!Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 11:04am
I'm in the great minority, but I've always been bigger on John Bush than I have the Joey years.  That being said, I do like many of the songs they did in that time.

When I first got into Anthrax, I heard their cover of the Beastie Boy's "Looking Down The Barrel of a Gun" on The Beavis and Butthead Experience.  I didn't even know it was a cover, so I bought the first Anthrax album I could find expecting to hear a Beastie Boys styled rap-metal thing.  I didn't.  I grabbed Volume 8, and "Crush" absolutely ripped my 14 year old head right off.  Cool
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I'm in the great minority, but I've always been bigger on John Bush than I have the Joey years.  That being said, I do like many of the songs they did in that time.

When I first got into Anthrax, I heard their cover of the Beastie Boy's "Looking Down The Barrel of a Gun" on The Beavis and Butthead Experience.  I didn't even know it was a cover, so I bought the first Anthrax album I could find expecting to hear a Beastie Boys styled rap-metal thing.  I didn't.  I grabbed Volume 8, and "Crush" absolutely ripped my 14 year old head right off.  Cool

You definitely are in the minority with that statement Cool

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:26pm
I do enjoy John Bush's output, but Joey Belladonna is the best there is for Anthrax LOL 

So glad he came back with 'Worship Music' Cool
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I do enjoy John Bush's output, but Joey Belladonna is the best there is for Anthrax LOL 

So glad he came back with 'Worship Music' Cool

Joey is the man!!! Cool

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 2:23am

I was introduced to Anthrax through "Sound of White Noise". I never really enjoyed or listened much to Anthrax when I started listening to thrash metal (late eighties/early nineties), even though I listened to most other Classic thrash metal acts from that era. I can´t remember why, but maybe it was their "fun" image I wasn´t attracted to back then. All I wanted was death and destruction LOL. I like Anthrax a lot more these days, but I´ll probably never be a huge fan.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 2:37am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I was introduced to Anthrax through "Sound of White Noise". I never really enjoyed or listened much to Anthrax when I started listening to thrash metal (late eighties/early nineties), even though I listened to most other Classic thrash metal acts from that era. I can´t remember why, but maybe it was their "fun" image I wasn´t attracted to back then. All I wanted was death and destruction LOL. I like Anthrax a lot more these days, but I´ll probably never be a huge fan.

LOL Good one Clap

rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:33pm
My first Anthrax purchase was Among The Living on vinyl.  That one and State of Euphoria are my two favorites from them.  I also really got a kick out of I'm The Man EP when it was released.  I'm not as big of a fan of the John Bush years. As a matter of fact Fistful of Metal and Armed and Dangerous are the two CDs that I don't have from them; I do seem to remember having a cassette copy of A Fistful of Metal, that I pirated from a friend, back before pirating became a known bad thing.

Edited by rushfan4 - 11 Sep 2014 at 4:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image