MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPresenting Albatross and Devoid(India)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Presenting Albatross and Devoid(India)
    Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 2:12am
Demonstealer records is proud to present: Albatross and Devoid.

Albatross is India's only horror metal band and we've come out with an album called Dinner is You. The album has been mastered by the legendary Andy LaRocque from King Diamond. It's a 4 song concept EP dealing with the Kuru disease- a laughing disease which affects cannibals. Here is some dope on them:

Devoid is one of India's premier thrash acts who've been around for a long time. 'A God's Lie' is their debut album and it's one of India's most anticipated albums.

We'd love it if Metalmusicarchives reviews the albums. Thanks.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 2:55am
Hi there

If you would like people to review the albums you should post in this section of the site: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=80

As for suggesting Albatross and Devoid for addition on MMA, I�d like to say thanks for the suggestionsSmile.

I assume Albatross is suggested for inclusion in the traditional heavy metal sub or?

I can take care of the Devoid addition but besides the info on their myspace page ( http://www.myspace.com/devoidindia) and their official homepage ( http://www.devoid.in/) I haven�t been able to find info on their discography. Can you provide tracklists ( and track lengths), lineup info and cover artwork for their full discography?

Edited by UMUR - 20 Sep 2010 at 2:56am
rdore2000 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 3:47am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Hi there

If you would like people to review the albums you should post in this section of the site: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=80

As for suggesting Albatross and Devoid for addition on MMA, I�d like to say thanks for the suggestionsSmile.

I assume Albatross is suggested for inclusion in the traditional heavy metal sub or?

I can take care of the Devoid addition but besides the info on their myspace page ( http://www.myspace.com/devoidindia) and their official homepage ( http://www.devoid.in/) I haven�t been able to find info on their discography. Can you provide tracklists ( and track lengths), lineup info and cover artwork for their full discography?

Hey, Albatross would go under traditional or prog/power. It's actually an amalgmation of many styles.

This happens to be Devoid's first album. The track listing is:

1. A Silent Death
2. Battle Cry
3. Possessed
4. Devoid Of Emotions
5. Black Fortress
6. Hate Cult
7. New World Order
8. A God�s Lie
9. Beersong (Bonus Track)

I can mail you the album cover if you give me your email ID.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 4:45am

You can post pictures here in this thread. If you can provide a cover photo of the album ( 500X500 is the largest we are able to use) that would be a great help.

If you can post song lengths that would be great too.

I assume the lineup info for the album would be:

- Arun Iyer / vocals
- Shubham Kumar / drums
- Frank Pawar / bass guitar
- Keshav Kumar / lead guitars

The band entry will feature the bio from the myspace page:

In 2005 Arun Iyer (vocals/guitars) & Shubham Kumar (drums) who shared a love for thrash metal and Slayer decided to form Devoid after having played in a few local bands. They roped in childhood friend and lead guitarist Keshav Kumar and started writing songs. The band struggled for almost a year to find a bass guitarist before running into Frank Pawar, who initially wanted to audition Shubham for a band he played in but ended up auditioning for Devoid instead, and joined the band. In 2006, Devoid debuted at Campus Rock Idols, a national level battle of the bands, and won the Mumbai regional finals. The band also released their first single called �Obsolete� on a compilation called We Are The Scene: Vol.1 and followed it up in 2007 with another single called �Poems of Death� on the second volume of the same compilation. However later in 2007 the band changed their style and created a newer more brutal sound and released their third single called �Kali� which was released on the All Indian Metal compilation. The band was constantly touring across the country and playing various festivals, and making an appearance at extreme metal fest Resurrection VII and VII, and also supported many bigger metal band like IIIrd Sovereign, MyndSnare, Demonic Resurrection etc. The band received great reviews and became known for their live performances and became one of the youngest bands to receive an endorsement from ESP Guitars & Basses through Furtados Music. August 2008 saw the release of a new single �Battle Cry� which was released online as a free download. The band followed the release with their first ever headlining tour, playing across Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad. Following the tour the band hit the studios to record their debut album. However in 2009 after completing his parts on the recording Keshav left Devoid to pursue academics in the UK. The band started to hunt for a replacement and found Sanju Aguair in early 2010. The band released another single in May 2010 called �The Beer Song,� their first with Sanju. In June 2010 Devoid signed with Demonstealer Records to release their debut album A God�s Lieand they promise to deliver a new age of thrash to the Indian metal scene.

( Biography from official myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/devoidindia)

I�ll use this band picture but if you have one that you think is better you�re welcome to post that in the thread too:

View All Photos | Devoid

Edited by UMUR - 20 Sep 2010 at 4:46am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 4:47am
Oh and I�ve made the traditional heavy metal team aware of your suggestion to add Albatross
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 2:27pm
Hmm... it sounds more like thrash to me... at least judging by the myspace samples. Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 12:26am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

You can post pictures here in this thread. If you can provide a cover photo of the album ( 500X500 is the largest we are able to use) that would be a great help.

If you can post song lengths that would be great too.

I assume the lineup info for the album would be:

- Arun Iyer / vocals
- Shubham Kumar / drums
- Frank Pawar / bass guitar
- Keshav Kumar / lead guitars

The band entry will feature the bio from the myspace page:

In 2005 Arun Iyer (vocals/guitars) & Shubham Kumar (drums) who shared a love for thrash metal and Slayer decided to form Devoid after having played in a few local bands. They roped in childhood friend and lead guitarist Keshav Kumar and started writing songs. The band struggled for almost a year to find a bass guitarist before running into Frank Pawar, who initially wanted to audition Shubham for a band he played in but ended up auditioning for Devoid instead, and joined the band. In 2006, Devoid debuted at Campus Rock Idols, a national level battle of the bands, and won the Mumbai regional finals. The band also released their first single called �Obsolete� on a compilation called We Are The Scene: Vol.1 and followed it up in 2007 with another single called �Poems of Death� on the second volume of the same compilation. However later in 2007 the band changed their style and created a newer more brutal sound and released their third single called �Kali� which was released on the All Indian Metal compilation. The band was constantly touring across the country and playing various festivals, and making an appearance at extreme metal fest Resurrection VII and VII, and also supported many bigger metal band like IIIrd Sovereign, MyndSnare, Demonic Resurrection etc. The band received great reviews and became known for their live performances and became one of the youngest bands to receive an endorsement from ESP Guitars & Basses through Furtados Music. August 2008 saw the release of a new single �Battle Cry� which was released online as a free download. The band followed the release with their first ever headlining tour, playing across Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad. Following the tour the band hit the studios to record their debut album. However in 2009 after completing his parts on the recording Keshav left Devoid to pursue academics in the UK. The band started to hunt for a replacement and found Sanju Aguair in early 2010. The band released another single in May 2010 called �The Beer Song,� their first with Sanju. In June 2010 Devoid signed with Demonstealer Records to release their debut album A God�s Lieand they promise to deliver a new age of thrash to the Indian metal scene.

( Biography from official myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/devoidindia)

I�ll use this band picture but if you have one that you think is better you�re welcome to post that in the thread too:

View All Photos | Devoid

I found this cover pic. If anyone knows how to resize it to a more straight format please do and upload it:
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 12:27am
Oh and the above is just a reminder to myself to get Devoid added.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 1:41am
Devoid added: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/devoid.aspx, I would prefer a more evenly sized cover photo, so if anyone can help with that, it would make me a happy manTongue.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 1:55am
...and Albatross added: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/albatross.aspx

If there�s anything you would like changed Riju or if there are albums missing and you can help with info on them, you�re welcome to contact me.
devoidindia View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 2:33am
Hey,
This is Roydon. Manager of the Death Thrash band Devoid from India, Please let me know what exactly you need and ill send the details and the requirements over asap. Thanks for your interest in Devoid.

Regards,
Roydon Bangera
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic