MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gojira appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gojira appreciation
    Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:21am
I only have one Gojira album myself From Mars to Sirius, but I am a big fan of this band, I like theyr compromissless metal, they give Lamb of God compotiton for their money in terms of complex prog-metal core, with death and black metal influence, they are also the band which are from Meshuggah influenced style to have come most indipendent and founf their own style, VERRY technical metal, but also melodic, and dence, they are certanly not for everys taste, but I found them quite addictive, and fun to listen to on one side inspirational but on the other side intimidating good, the final minute on Rememberance are one of the BEST preformances on metal-drums.

If you like agression, anger, groove, french melodic metal progressive metalcore, then Gojira is the thing

besides Mastodon they are one of the most important modern metal bands

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:07pm
It's been awhile for me since I've heard Gojira.  I'll have to check out a few songs when I have the time.
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:49pm
pretty good band, but not one of my favorites. Still have to  check The Way of the Flesh, however.

My biggest problem with them is that green metal BS. Vegans should stay on straight edge only.
Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:35pm

Been listening to a lot of Gojira lately. from Mars to Sirius is one of my favorite Metal albums of the 2000's.

Edited by Evolutionary Sleeper - 10 Sep 2010 at 5:37pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 1:49am
I�m not sure they are actually vegans Caio. They have a healthy attitude towards environmental issues though.

I really enjoy their two latest albums and to a lesser degree the two first. They are not favorites of mine though.
kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 3:27pm
terra incognita sounds really interesting taking in consideration the brilliant instrumental parts; the other three sound dull to me, with some minor exceptions
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:22am
All I can say is that Gojira have the best pinches known to mankind. EVER.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 1:57am
^ sorry for my uneducated metal head, but what is a pinch
zhang01 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhang01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:27am
Still have to  check The Way of the Flesh, however.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 6:04pm

F A N T A S T I C A L    B R O O T A H L   T U N E

F R O M  H E L L
Metallica999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 11:09pm
That is really a great performance...

I've been listening to Gojira a lot lately, and i must say that i really love their 2nd and 3rd album, especially their 3rd, From Mars to Sirius. Ocean planet is my favorite Gojira song and it's a real masterpiece. I didn't enjoy their first album that much, don't know, but i think they sound too repetetive on it and also less progressive. I have listened to their 4th album only once, so i can't comment it yet, but i did enjoy it.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 11:36pm
my friend loves this band..
me not so much 

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 11:54pm
whozzat, Tim?
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:52am
I went to one of the largest music stores in Paris and they didn't have any Gojira in the metal area, WTF?! LOL If not here, then where?

BTW speaking of French metal the digipack for Deathspell Omega's latest looks splendid, I want it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image