MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spirit(hard liquor) of choice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What type of liquor do you prefer most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [60.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spirit(hard liquor) of choice?
    Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:47am
Of course there are various types of each these such as single malt scotch or bourbon in the case of whiskey/whiskey(the latter is a purely Scottish term I believe, everywhere else is spelled "whiskey" but I digress) and corn and rye vodkas in the case of, well, vodka!! I'm just curious as to what your favorite liquor of choice is, and if you want to be specific about the brand and type please do so!

As for myself I prefer a good single malt, the only ones I've tried so far though are Laphroaig(I think, can't remember), Bowmore, and Glenfiddich(or Glenlivet or something else, I can't remember)...there are many more I'd like to try out but based on what I know and like I'd want the ones from the Isle of Islay most as they're generally considered the peatiest and of seaweed and have that truly unique character among scotches!
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 8:09am
Out of the ones mentioned, I prefer whiskey. But in reality, I stay as far away from alcoholic beverages in general as I can.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 8:52am
I like Gin...
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:14pm
Mostly drink beer, but outside of that rye or scotch whisky are the best
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:37am
I'd see myself as fairly knowledgable in this area. One look at my gut would tell you that.

Vodka is my choice early-morning after a night out and no more room for beer or I need to sober up.

Gin, when the ladies are about.

Tequila, time for shots. At the start of the night to get things moving or at the end before I fall over.

Whisky, not many I haven't tried. Favourites would be Speyside (Macallan,Cardhu,Balvenie,too many to mention really) or Japanese (Nikka, Yamazaki,Hibiki). I also enjoy a top bourbon (Woodford Reserve, Wild Turkey, Blanton's,Maker's Mark)

Brandy, at the end of a social evening. (Hines, Remy Martin, Asbach,Camus)

Absinthe, I once was given the real McCoy and apparently didn't stop talking all night, fell over, fell asleep and woke up not remembering any of it. Never had any since.

Rum, my regular tipple. Not the shit sort. The real stuff from Venezuela and the Caribbean (Diplomatico, Zaya, El Dorado, Plantation)

If you like peated whisky try Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Ardmore.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:11pm
I've been trying to take in a bigger variety of drinks these days, but as of now I've been drinking various brands of rum and whisky.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 1:45am
No hard liquor for me. I'm straight-edge and I don't care what you think Wink
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic