Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Retro Metal interviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retro Metal interviews
    Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 11:30pm
I was in the midst of listening to some Metallica interviews, and thought it was rather cool hearing bands back in the old days talk about what they are up to, whether they are on the road touring or in the midst of creating what would become a legendary album.  So I figure I'd start a thread to share and discuss such historical interview footage with each other.

Here's a very early Megadeth interview I stumbled across from 1984.  Mustaine talks a bit about what their shows have been like, the current lineup of the time, and some of their original material.  It's clear from the interview that he wants to show Metallica up for giving him the boot, but he seems very enthusiastic and confident about the band and is really looking forward to the future of Megadeth.

Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:57am
I've always liked this one (and the other clips from this particular interview, which I thought were far-sighted when I first saw them - when they were first broadcast!);

Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:28am
...and just about any interview with this man is highly entertaining

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

I've always liked this one (and the other clips from this particular interview, which I thought were far-sighted when I first saw them - when they were first broadcast!);

I've read plenty of old interviews with Metallica, and Lars seemed to always be hesitant to put a label on the band's sound (thrash in particular).  I think I've seen him state this as early on as 1984/85 (RTL-era).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic