MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nergal ( Behemoth) has been diagnosed with Cancer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nergal ( Behemoth) has been diagnosed with Cancer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nergal ( Behemoth) has been diagnosed with Cancer
    Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:26pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:40pm
Sucks indeed Unhappy
<- Click on this!
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:42pm
Very sad newsUnhappy !
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:46pm
Very sad indeed. I wish only the best. Heart
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:57am
They delivered a magnificent show at the Copenhell festival earlier this year. I wish him well - I hope he will recover.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:04am
Well the Catholic Church in Poland who Nergal has been in disputes with on several occasions have wasted no time and supposedly said that they hoped Nergal�s situation would bring him closer to God. That�s distasteful beyond belief IMO.Disapprove

Here�s Nergal�s latest statement about his situation:
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:37am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Well the Catholic Church in Poland who Nergal has been in disputes with on several occasions have wasted no time and supposedly said that they hoped Nergal�s situation would bring him closer to God. That�s distasteful beyond belief IMO.Disapprove

Here�s Nergal�s latest statement about his situation:

Not really, actually. It is a very solid thing in The Church that hardships actually help to consolidate one's faith. Countless saints had their religious awakening in moments like this. St. Paul and St. peter, being one prime examples of that.

Vladimir Putin also stated that he had his religious awakening after almost dying twice, as so has happened to many ex-soviet bureocrats and State employees, such as cosmonauts.

I really don't like Behemoth, but I wish him the best of luck fighting this horrible and cripling disease.

Edited by CCVP - 03 Sep 2010 at 6:47am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:57am
Well that�s their business. I still think it�s distasteful to try and mission your religion on the misfortune of a person who might be terminally ill.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:12am

Well that�s their business. I still think it�s distasteful to try and mission your religion on the misfortune of a person who might be terminally ill.

Isn't that, you know, the way religion works? Instead of facing your fear, your mortality, your responsabilities and so forth you retreat into the protective arms of a fictional daddy-figure?

Sorry to hear about Nergal. Hope time will prove him right about being able to overcome this.

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:18am
My take as a non-religious (though respectful of individual belief) person: if faith in a 'fictional daddy-figure' can help someone in such a difficult situation, then I don't see any harm in that. People have different ways of coping with hardships, some of them much worse than that (think of those who, stricken with a potentially fatal disease, decide to take out their whole family with them). However, I agree with Jonas that trying to exploit any given person's suffering for the purposes of spreading your agenda is quite distasteful.

What I find much more important is what he says about his general low opinion of mankind, and his surprise at the offers of help from people who don't even know him personally. I believe that realizing that not everyone is out to get you, and that there is a lot of good in mankind, would be a much more positive thing for Nergal than 'finding God'.

CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Ulfednar Ulfednar wrote:

Isn't that, you know, the way religion works? Instead of facing your fear, your mortality, your responsabilities and so forth you retreat into the protective arms of a fictional daddy-figure?

Sorry to hear about Nergal. Hope time will prove him right about being able to overcome this.

To be frank, not, it is not. And you are from Romania, a traditionally catholic country, you should know it better.

As Jonas already pointed, yes, it is distateful, but come on, the guy takes part on the single genre in rock music that is almost entirely devoted to bash religion. Sooner or later something like this was bound to happen. Same thing happened with Varg in Norway when he was arrested and, for the better or for the worse, he did had a religious awakening, becoming a pagan (or neopagan, those names always get me). Same happened with Glen Benton when he dropped his clams of suiciding at 33. He is still ridiculed about it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:55am
I just lost a really long post, which is probably for the better because actually I�ve promised myself not to discuss religion with believers. We�ll just tear each others heads off and achive nothing in the end. At least you acknowledge that the statement is distasteful given the circumstances and that�s enough for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic