Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opeth to release DVD/CD and Special Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opeth to release DVD/CD and Special Edition
    Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:49pm
Hey Opeth Fans!

Cool news from my Roadrunner Newsletter Subscription
:

Opeth celebrate their 20th anniversary with a legendary performance at London's famed Royal Albert Hall.

IN STORES 9.21.10
PRE-ORDER NOW

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/opethlive/?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=opethpreorder

Hehe, I love the CoverArt, "Akerfeldt" going for the 70's/Deep Purple Live with the London Philharmonic
Vibe Tongue.

I look forward to see this Big smile! (And hoping to have the Cash to own it Cry) . . .

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:56pm
Hopefully it will be better than the performance on Lamentations.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 3:09pm
Now that's a metal cover, eh! Not that I complain, at least it's a bit surprising.

I've greatly enjoyed Lamentations throughout the years. I know the setlist on that DVD is really limited to a few albums, but still.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 3:28pm
This certainly looks interesting.  Perhaps it's just what I need to start putting Opeth back in the rotation.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 3:29pm
I really enjoy the doc on Lamentations but the live show is pretty boring IMO. Not bad of course, but still disappointing.
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I really enjoy the doc on Lamentations but the live show is pretty boring IMO. Not bad of course, but still disappointing.

I enjoy it, but it's nothing amazing. The Roundhouse Tapes DVD has quite poor video and audio quality, and the lighting at the show doesn't seem to suit the performance either.

Here's to hoping this one is a bit more dynamic.
I'll probably be getting the 3CD/2DVD, or maybe the DVD/LP boxset, if my wallet permits.
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

hahahhah...  now that is PRICELESS!!

and will buy that the day it comes out Clap
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 5:28pm
Hey Umur,
Always good to see you pop in when the "Extreme" Metals pour into a post Wink.

Strongly disagree with you about Lamentations though, I was floored and much like the audience for "both" sets (But that "guy" that screams like a girl was definately super annoying!). 
But yes, the Documentary is really good too Big smile.  Also VERY cool to see the MKIII line-up which is my fave
by far (now dont beat me up, I love the new albums as well folks Wink).
I think though, since it was their 1st official Vid, Akerfeldt wasnt his usual "Stand-up Comedian" as we know him today.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 05 Aug 2010 at 5:31pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 1:37am
^Yeah they are kind of static and nervous IMO. Not the most interesting live band I�ve ever seen. I saw them live in 2008 though and they were pretty good and more stabile in "real" life. Not amazing though. I�m not much of a DVD person though, so I�ll probably skip the new one too.
Darksideof View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:42am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Hopefully it will be better than the performance on Lamentations.
 the first time I heard of Opeth was on this DVD and simply loved it.
http://darksideofcollages.blogspot.com
Darksideof View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:43am
I can't wait to get this DVD Opeth rules!!!
http://darksideofcollages.blogspot.com
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:48am
Awesome! I'm SO getting this! Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:24pm
There's a preview of them playing "Dirge For November" at the following link:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145647
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:36pm
The Loyal Disharmonic Orchestra
Conducted by The Powers That Be

I would by it just for that, seriously.LOL Pure gold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic