0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
3 [21.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iron Maiden Live Albums
    Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:58am
We already did the studio albums, so now it's time for the live stuff as there's plenty of that too.

Rock in Rio was the first Maiden release I was anticipating and it's indeed a great album, even though I'm still mad at Harris for ruining Fear of the Dark by copypasting Bruce's lines where the audience should sing, which I believe he did with The Wicker Man too. I've always been a bit disappointed in Live After Death compared to the praise it gets, but it does contain some fantastic performances like Rime of the Ancient Mariner. The Eddie's Archive stuff is great, Beast Over Hammersmith and BBC Archives that is (The Donington '88 part of the latter especially, oh where's our Maiden England re-issue?) but I'd go as far as say that Flight 666 is my favourite. Bruce's voice live is better than ever and the third guitar does wonders to their sound, and the set list is quite brilliant.
<- Click on this!
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:38am
I'll go for Live After Death.

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:52am
Live After Death
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:45pm
I've only heard Rock In Rio and Live After Death.  No vote.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 7:59am

Maiden Japan for me

Only four songs, but what power
DiAnno rules in IM.

Edited by Sean Trane - 23 Aug 2010 at 8:01am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:21am
I rather hate live albums.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:12pm
^That's an interesting opinion, how come? 
<- Click on this!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:34pm
Yea...I have to go with Live After Death........I've been a IM fan since about 1981...Saw the LAD tour in New Orleans I think 1984/85........Can't 'member Confused

Anyhow for me that is the live album....I have the original VHS issue of that video concert tour also.
To me that tour basically set the bar for all that came after....and I think not many got close.
US Festival '83 "Heavy Metal Sunday" Survivor....
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

^That's an interesting opinion, how come? 

I don't know, I just prefer studio recordings for my speakers and keep concert versions for, you know, concerts. Sometimes, live versions have that whole epic-because-of-the-screaming-crowds thing, sure, but for the most part, the previous statement stands.

Edited by Ulfednar - 26 Aug 2010 at 1:33am
whitedragon1969 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 7:49am
Hell yeahhh Catcher10! Live After Death of course. Do you also have the pictured 33rpm vinyl of "Running Free" with the extra songs "Sanctuary" and "Murders In The Rue Morgue"? What a release! Unfortunately today my copy is almost destroyed guess the reason...
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:10pm
I will vote Maiden Japan but the special edition that have the entire concert in japan 1981, sure blows out the other live albums.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:25am
Live After Death. Easily.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic