MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viewing full size cover art

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewing full size cover art
    Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:14am
Nothing too important, but since I have already made tons of threads around here, I continue!

I see that covers are uploaded in their full size to MMA (right click on image -> "show image" or however it goes in your browser's language).  What about making these thumbnail images clickable in album profiles, so you could more easily view the images in full size? It think it would be useful, because wide images (such as this) are otherwise really small and blurred.

(OFF-TOPIC: High band pictures tend to look not-so-good, by the way. Example. Some sort of a solution would be awesome some day, but neither this is anything important.)

Edited by Vehemency - 02 Jul 2010 at 11:17am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:39am
I like the idea, but I guess that one peoblem is that a lot of the original images are scaled very differently (and some of them are smaller in the original than the MMA-scaled versions) - but I like the idea a lot.

I also think that some sort of gallery feature (akin to the one on Spirit of Metal) could be useful - especially in the case of albums with different covers (like "Black Ice" for instance) - and also as a way to capture more artist line-ups.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic