Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God Is Dead?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God Is Dead?
    Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:44am
So, the single is out and widely available across the web.

What do you think?

For me, all the hallmarks of early Sabbath are there and its a great track.

I'm really looking forward to the album and the gig later in the year.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 5:06am
I enjoyed the song, but for me the album is going to have to be pretty special to top the Dio reunion album done as Heaven & Hell. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
LightKnight View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 7:28am
I really enjoyed the track, a good one. Though i am not a big fan of ozzy , his voice annoys me a bit though in this track not as much. But overall a great  song , hope the album will be the same style.

Edited by LightKnight - 21 Apr 2013 at 8:32am
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 8:35am

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:28pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 9:58am
It around what I expected.  Good stuff for some 65 year olds, but I never really expected them to knock it out of the park and reach back to the 70s.  I'd put it on par with those 2 tracks they recorded in the 90s when they reunited.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:42pm
great fucking track liked it a lot
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:36am
The song was OK, I thought it would have been better if it was shorter. Nothing groundbreaking of course but I enjoyed the change at the 6:30 mark (you know, I'm sure). I did not like Ozzy's vocals, he sings too low (not sure he can do anything else though). But all in all, no problems with the songwriting.

My problem is with the production. What the hell has happened to Rick Rubin? He used to be able to bring out the best out of the bands he produced, give them a sonic identity, or at least hire the right people and give them the right directions. He had such diversity in his productions. But for the past quite-a-few years, he's been involved in productions that can be summarized as "meh!". Slayer, Metallica and now Sabbath. Is this the best production money can buy? Underwhelming and indifferent... A shame.

Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 12:41pm
It's a very good song IMO. I am expecting some doom to be honest, and they delivered it! Regarding the voice of Ozzy, I think he really can not do anything different at the moment, so "13" will be a very slow album, I think.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 3:02pm
I like the fast Fairies Wear Boots-esque swing bit. Overall its decent but not life changing. I think the album will be a 7/10 that gets called a 9.5/10 due to non musical reasons. I think itd be better to go out on this than Forbidden.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

I think itd be better to go out on this than Forbidden.
Great point. Try as I might with Forbidden, I can't get over the fact that it is a wee bit shite!

As for God is Dead, yep I really like it. It's no Sabbath epic of days gone, but it's good and sometimes good is enough.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

I think itd be better to go out on this than Forbidden.
Great point. Try as I might with Forbidden, I can't get over the fact that it is a wee bit shite!

+1
saitangodofmetal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitangodofmetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 8:16am
i think its a really good song
saitangodofmetal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitangodofmetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 8:18am
my mom is catholic so every time it comes on the radio i look at her and laugh. cause i know she hate's it. lol!
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:38pm
Really? She should actually listen to the lyrics; I don't believe that God is dead, God is dead (repeat ad infinitum) .
You might make a Black Sabbath fan of her after all Wink

Edited by Bosh66 - 25 May 2013 at 9:07am
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 7:06pm
The album is pretty solid! I like the second half of it much more than the first. Love Zeitgeist. Sounds like a Planet Caravan sequel without being contrived.

Yay Sabbath!

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 7:09pm
I agree with Vic about production to some degree. It's not Rick's worst, but it's not even close to as good as it could have been. 

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
riceone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 2:44am
It is a really good song, and my son like it very much, lol~

--------------------------------
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 12:37am
I thought it was a damn good song.  Maybe my favorite on the album.  There are some great songs on there.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:20am
I think it�s a pretty good track and the same can be said about most other tracks on the album, but overall it�s not a spectacular album to my ears. A 3.5 star (70%) rating.

Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 11:01am
I just heard the new album.
Its a bit... um. There's nothing WRONG with it, but it doesn't feel very good for some reason.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic