MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Melodic Death Metal Discussion and Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Melodic Death Metal Discussion and Appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Melodic Death Metal Discussion and Appreciation
    Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 1:42pm
Seems like there aren't enough Melodeath lovers here. In my opinion this subgenre is great. It fuses death metal vocals and riffs with melody and deep lyrics creating something very interesting.
One of the bests song of my favorite band.  With a great riff and a fast tempo , also has very interesting lyrics.
Also this band progressed a lot from their first release and each album sounds differently but still has the same Dark Tranquillity feeling in each one.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 1:54pm
I like melodic death metal quite a lot too. Thumbs Up It's usually the really heavy and brutal melodeath bands that impress me (think something like the early Edge of Sanity material), but I do dig softer acts like Omnium Gatherum too. It's a great, usually under-appreciated genre IMO! 
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 2:48pm
I definitely like melodeath, too, but I do think that the Gothenburg-sound has become a bit watered-down recently. Still, nothing beats Slaughter of the Soul, Heartwork, or the first couple of Arch Enemy albums. A newer melodeath band who are prette awesome are Chariots of the Gods.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by LightKnight LightKnight wrote:

Seems like there aren't enough Melodeath lovers here. In my opinion this subgenre is great. It fuses death metal vocals and riffs with melody and deep lyrics creating something very interesting.
One of the bests song of my favorite band.  With a great riff and a fast tempo , also has very interesting lyrics.
Also this band progressed a lot from their first release and each album sounds differently but still has the same Dark Tranquillity feeling in each one.

I haven't listened to Dark Tranquility in years.  I remember liking them, but never actually owning an album.  I hear that Damage Done is one of their best.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 5:45pm
I don't listen to melodic death metal regularly, but there is one band that has gotten a top tier ranking from me: The Arcane Order.  Not the most well known one, but one of the best.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 1:18am
I've heard a few melodeath bands but I can't say it's a genre I've properly explored. 

Arch Enemy has always been a favourite, although I did consider their discography to be quite patchy. I also like some Amon Amarth, Deadlock, Heathen Foray, Hollenthon, In Flames, Riverain and Solution .45.

Dark Tranquillity and Scar Symmetry are bands I intend to explore some more.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 1:31am
If Soilwork applies as melodic death metal (and I guess they do), I think quite a few of their albums are worth listening to. I espeically enjoy the new one.
LightKnight View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:12am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

If Soilwork applies as melodic death metal (and I guess they do), I think quite a few of their albums are worth listening to. I espeically enjoy the new one.

Yeah they do, I need to listen to them too heard amazing things about their new album.

Also Dark Tranquillity is quite different from other bands because they are a lot more Melodic than Death.
They use a lot of keyboards and melodies and quite a lot of cleans too. I really prefer the more melodic part of Melodeath.
But now i started listening to at the gates and it sounds pretty cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image