MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Six Feet Under great or piss poor death metal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Six Feet Under great or piss poor death metal?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:32pm
Hi please post your thoughts on the death metal band six feet under. i like them. do you? maybe get into an argument about them if you want them.

Six feet under are they great death metal or shitty death metal?
2 killer songs

Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:59pm
Not my bag, baby.

Honestly, I love death metal. But, the artist I dig the most have something about them that sets them apart. These don't have that, in my opinion. Not saying they suck or anything. But, I'm not digging them. Solid rhythm section, for sure, though. I dug some of the feel changes in the second track.

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Nick Dilley Nick Dilley wrote:

Not my bag, baby.

Honestly, I love death metal. But, the artist I dig the most have something about them that sets them apart. These don't have that, in my opinion. Not saying they suck or anything. But, I'm not digging them. Solid rhythm section, for sure, though. I dug some of the feel changes in the second track.
you have never heard of six feet under before?
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 10:20am
I've heard most of their albums and find them pretty average in the Death Metal stakes. I did like the last album, Undead,  so I hope the new album will be good also. So in answer to the question I'll have to sit on the fence and say neither great nor piss poor. 6/10
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 9:44pm
I've heard a few songs by them I like, but most of them weren't what I'm into.  It's been a long time since I've listened to them though.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 10:58pm
they can make some pretty kick ass music and Chris barnes is one of the most well known death metal vocalist mailny because he was first in cannibal corpse
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 1:53am
I remember trying to get into them some years ago. They seemed OK then but death metal didn't really open up to me until 2011, so I may form a different opinion now. I have a promo of their new one that I'll listen to sometime. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I remember trying to get into them some years ago. They seemed OK then but death metal didn't really open up to me until 2011, so I may form a different opinion now. I have a promo of their new one that I'll listen to sometime. 
if you  end up liking any of them you will like their new one coming out and their one from last year called undead. you may even like their 3rd album maximum violence that album is great. they are very hit and miss for a lot of people. you will probably like the albums i mentioned and maybe more of them. i have only heard their first 4 and undead. like them all that i have heard except true carnage that album is a step down in musicianship it's  not that good

Edited by vmoore - 17 Mar 2013 at 6:36pm
Kustin View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 8:44am
Admittedly, I discovered Six Feet Under when I found out that rapper Ice-T was credited in one of their songs "One Bullet Left". I listen to it for giggles but that's all until I just read some reviews regarding their album "Undead". I'm gonna check it out anytime soon.

Edited by Kustin - 18 Mar 2013 at 8:49am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 9:24am
I�ve never really payed much attention to them besides their debut album, which in those days was a kind of death metal "supergroup" project.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:20am
that song with ice-teal on it is on the shitty true carnage album. they shouldn't have never made true carnage 
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 3:49pm
A decent band for sure, quite groovy. Nothing special though.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

Originally posted by Nick Dilley Nick Dilley wrote:

Not my bag, baby.

you have never heard of six feet under before?

I'm familiar with them. I think the way I wrote that was misleading. I was referring to the specific tracks. It's definitely cool stuff, but, for me, it isn't all that original. And that, again for me, is the biggest thing I look for in a musician/band.

Definite rocking going on though. Headbanger

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 8:46pm
^nice. it seems like six feet under is an acquired taste
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image