MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

related artist idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: related artist idea
    Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:10am
you may or may not want to do this but i have an idea. there should be a thing on the page that says all the related artists of which artist you are currently viewing the page for. you may not want to do this because it could take a  while to do this because of the amount of bands on this site. if this is a good idea please let me know
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:30am
I personally like the idea and would like to see it implemented one day. However there are a lot of other matters that need sorting on the site first, so I can't see this happening in the near future. It is a good idea though and I will bring it to the other admins for discussion. Thumbs Up
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 10:24am
Yes it certainly is a good idea. I would have to be implemented to the form we use when we add an artist. RYM has a similar feature and it�s really helpful...
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 6:06pm
Encyclopaedia Metallum already has this feature and voted on by users.

Here's Limbonic Art as an example: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Limbonic_Art/862
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 6:35am
^But that�s a whole other feature (which is equally brilliant thoughThumbs Up).

So basically we have two new features that we could suggest to Max and Graphix:

A related artists feature: Artists that in some way (not necessarily musically) are related to the artist in question. Either by shared members or maybe split releases.

...and then a similar artists feature which would be for artists that are musically similar to said artist. This feature would have be be voted on by the members of the site though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic