Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help finding out what song is this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help finding out what song is this
    Posted: 19 May 2010 at 12:00am
hi guys

a friend of mine asked me to recognize a song he recorded 20 years ago on a radio, well I'm helpless but maybe anyone know what song is this ? Would be appreciated :)
the song cut can be downloaded at http://www.mediafire.com/?2gtmgzmmd0e

Thanks in advance

lucas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:56am
It sounds good but I don't have a clue what it is.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:36am
I've heard it before, but I can't remember what it's called or who the artist is.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:55am
The singing/sound remind me of Billy Sherwood solo or Billy Sherwood/Chris Squire Conspiracy, but I don't recognize the song.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 10:04am
I looked at Billy Sherwood's band World Trade's self-titled debut album, and there is a song called The Revolution Song on there.  Do you think that that might be the song?

Edited by rushfan4 - 19 May 2010 at 10:06am
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:10pm
Hi Scott, thanks for the information, but I don't have World Trade cd in my catalogue, so I guess I need to look it over first, but if you can match a portion of the song there, then it could be the one, hopefully you can solve the mystery of 20 years for my friend :)
Thanks again

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:04am
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I looked at Billy Sherwood's band World Trade's self-titled debut album, and there is a song called The Revolution Song on there.  Do you think that that might be the song?

Good EAR Rushfan4! Clap
Yeah thats definately Billy Sherwood and its probably a World Trade song.  I have the debut
album but it has a different sound "era" to it (Like Yes "90125"), so it must be the self-titled album.

With the risk of "Spamming" Confused go here to the Progulus.com Request Page and look up the
album and pick "The Revolution Song" (Though you have to sign-up to Live 365 and then
Progulus, but its totally FREE, just look for the Yellow Button with Speaker).
Plus, you can discover some great Progressive Rock and Prog Metal Thumbs Up.
http://www.progulus.com/rprweb/search3.php

I hope its the one Wink
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 5:02am
dear scott,
i contacted another friend of mine who has a huge cd collection and apparently he has the world trade disc and guess what, voila, that's the correct song!! Clap

i checked out ebay and this disc is quite a rare thing now, somebody sell it for $25-$35 now
funny thing, when my curious friend asked him, he has no clue about that song lol sometimes it's hard for a guy to own an enormous collection to remember every single song haha

and this should make his day, a big thanks to Scott, that's a huge relief for him after 20 years of waiting
i guess, thanks to everybody who also shared the idea and attention Hug
i know i will find the answer on our beloved forum here Thumbs Up
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:37am

Awesome!  I've not heard that song nor album so it was truly a lucky guess, but I am glad to have been able to help.  I do have World Trade's Euphoria album, but the S/T album has always eluded me; mostly due to not wanting to pay the higher prices of $25-$35. 

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:14am
Ah,
That's the CD I have  . . . "Euphoria" (Its in Storage).

Again, good ear Rushfan Clap
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic