MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Member page is very slow loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member page is very slow loading
    Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:29pm

As I have a substantial number of reviews and drafts on my member page it takes a very long time to load and I assume that others with a similar amount of reviews have the same problem ( Stephen?). Are you going to implement a hide/ dropdown function like the one on PA here on MMA to make the member pages load faster?

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:57am
I'll see what I can do.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:32am
Thanks PhilThumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:57pm
I�m sorry to bug you Phil, but it takes about 1 - 2 minutes to open my member page now and it�s becoming worse and worse the more reviews and ratings I post. That hide/ dropdown list would be much appreciatedTongue. Making corrections in my reviews or opening drafts ( which involves going to the member page) has become somewhat a time consuming taskCry.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:41pm
OK... I prioritize this issue. Geek
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 12:01pm
Loads pronto for me... must have been fixed. Thumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 12:20pm
Nope it hasn�t been fixed yet. The reason why your page is loading fast is because you haven�t posted any reviews yet or rated any albums. The more reviews, drafts and ratings the slower the page loads. That�s the problem that Phil is working on.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:56pm
Step 1 done. There is a See all reviews/ratings link at the bottom of the reviews list (when user has more than 20 reviews).

@UMUR: I know you have a lot (A LOT!!! Smile) of draft reviews. I will figure out a way to manage this list also.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 2:26am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Nope it hasn�t been fixed yet. The reason why your page is loading fast is because you haven�t posted any reviews yet or rated any albums. The more reviews, drafts and ratings the slower the page loads. That�s the problem that Phil is working on.

I didn't try loading my page, that's not what I meant LOL I loaded your pages, the guys who posted in this thread. Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:36am
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

Step 1 done. There is a See all reviews/ratings link at the bottom of the reviews list (when user has more than 20 reviews).

@UMUR: I know you have a lot (A LOT!!! Smile) of draft reviews. I will figure out a way to manage this list also.

Thanks PhilSmile. I�m currently in the process of moving all my metal related reviews from PA to MMA, so that explains the large number of drafts. All reviews need editing before I post them here on MMA and that�s why there�s such a large number. I�m afraid the number will increase even more over the next couple of months, so a solution like you mentions would be greatly appreciated.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:50am
Thanks for the draft list Phil. It works like a charmClap
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 6:37am
Just to be an annoying pain the the "biiiip"Smile, I was wondering if you would look into a related problem to the one described above. The changes to the draft issue is still greatly appreciated but and the dropdown function for reviews is as such a good idea. However there�s a problem with very slow loading time when you chose to use the dropdown function to get access to your full review list, which is kind of a handicap if you want to change something in the reviews or add reviews to albums that you�ve already rated but haven�t written reviews for yet.

Maybe you got an idea how to fix the loading time for the dropdown reviews list Phil?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic