MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

should venom re record

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: should venom re record
    Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 10:05pm
who is with me on the fact that venom should re record their onder stuff with poor productions? i think their old stuff kicks ass and would like to see them re recorded. i know that some songs have already been re recorded because i have cast in stone with a second disc or re recordings but i would like to see their older stuff re released but all re recorded. what do you think of this?  is this a cool idea or stupid idea because it would be cool to see their stuff re recorded because maybe you would hear some stuff you couldn't make out on the poor recordings. give your opinions
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 10:19pm
I don't see why they shouldn't re-record old stuff.  Testament, Exodus, and Anthrax (among several others) have done it.  It shouldn't take too much time to record as they should know their classics like the backs of their hands.  It's would also make a good alternative for a band to do instead of a live album, especially if they have released a few already.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 10:25pm
i know  i hate the production on the old venom stuff i mean i have heard stuff released in the 70s and 60s with better productions then some of the old venom recordings. if they re recorded the old stuff then we could get to hear the songs the way we should have gotten to hear them in the first place. they could have done a way better job on the production of their old stuff then they did .
also i think if they re record it should be entire albums re released as re recorded. i would love to see black metal the album re recorded

Edited by vmoore - 11 Feb 2013 at 10:34pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 3:13am
I generally don�t like re-recordings. They often take away the "occult" atmosphere of the originals.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I don't see why they shouldn't re-record old stuff.  Testament, Exodus, and Anthrax (among several others) have done it.

Except these re-recordings are no where near as praised as the originals.  In Exodus' case, there's been a lot negative feed back for Let There Be Blood.

Why fix what ain't broken?
VargTheViking View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VargTheViking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Pretty much how I feel.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:39am

I don't see why they shouldn't re-record old stuff.  Testament, Exodus, and Anthrax (among several others) have done it.

Except these re-recordings are no where near as praised as the originals.  In Exodus' case, there's been a lot negative feed back for Let There Be Blood.

right the re recordings didn't work for testament or anthrax because the original recordings didn't and still don't suck. but re recordings of old albums would work for venom because of the piss pore production quality is all i was getting at
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:59am
I think most people think those raw sound productions are one of the assets of the old Venom albums. Can�t say I�ve listened much to those albums myself though, so I�ve yet to form a valid opinion.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 4:36pm

As long as it isn't done in the place of (or advertised as) an original album, I don't see the problem.  In the case of Testament, I believe they did those re-recordings since they couldn't obtain the rights to re-release The Legacy and The New Order.  

From what I've heard of re-recordings (from metal artists at least), I'm not too big a fan either.  In Flames have re-recorded a few of their songs ("Behind Space" and "Clad In Shadows" at least), and I enjoy both versions nearly equally.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:51pm
Only if they want to.  It's their music, isn't it?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 6:39pm
Yes but they should be ready for the fan shitstorm if it doesn�t work...messin� with classics is always dangerous business...
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:45pm
The production sounds fine on Welcome to Hell.  If anything, modern production would probably ruin it.

Also take into mind that Mantas and Abaddon are no longer in the band.  Sure their replacements are competent, but it won't have the same sense of gusto as the first.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this song:

Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 9:43am
Originally posted by VargTheViking VargTheViking wrote:

Pretty much how I feel.

Exactly.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by VargTheViking VargTheViking wrote:

Pretty much how I feel.

Exactly.
i get that but if venom were to re record then a person could choose to listen to the originals or the re recordings
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:28pm
Well, I guess that's personal taste.  The only re-recording that I found to be superior to its original is Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image