MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the Comic Book Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Comic Book Thread
    Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 12:32pm
this is a thread for comic books. if there is already a thread for this please post a link.

i collect amazing spiderman
Throk dinosaur hunter comics

and ultimate spiderman
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:04pm
It appears that there is no such thread.  I thought there might have been one, but it must be on Prog Archives.

You can definitely consider me a comic book fan.  Recently, I've purchased a few volumes of Marvel Masterworks and am going through some of those.  I've got the first 2 volumes of Silver Surfer (which might cover the entire initial run), The Avengers, and The Mighty Thor.

For some modern stuff, I like Garth Ennis' work on Preacher and The Boys.

Anybody ever watch the AMC show Comic Book Men?  I've only seen a few episodes, but I'm listening to the companion podcasts.  http://smodcast.com
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 10:32am
woah here is someone on ebay selling amazing spiderman 130 to 700 for  $2,500.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-man-130-to-700-Collection-Series-Run-lot-Spiderman-/121054197038?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c2f64752e
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

woah here is someone on ebay selling amazing spiderman 130 to 700 for  $2,500.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-man-130-to-700-Collection-Series-Run-lot-Spiderman-/121054197038?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c2f64752e

I've got a few Marvel Tales that re-produce some of the earlier Amazing Spider-Man issues, and my brother had one of the Marvel Masterworks that includes the first few issues.  For the number of comics you get, that sounds like a solid price.  Then again, I'm not sure what those are allegedly worth.  I often check http://www.comicspriceguide.com when I'm curious, but I don't have any really old comics.  My oldest might be from the mid-70s.  I stick to re-prints to read the classic stories.

Note: A quick check values Amazing Spider-Man #130 as high as $80 depending on condition.  He says they grade as "C" or readable, so the issues are probably in the mid-range of the price guides grade-scale.  

That reminds me of the more affordable ways to read through a comic collection.  Around 5 years ago, I bought a DVD-ROM that includes hundreds of issues of The Incredible Hulk.  I think I paid between $10 or $20 for it, and no I haven't read them all. LOL

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 11:14pm
is that site http://www.comicspriceguide.com good to buy from because there is no stores except this antiques store that sells comics but never has that much. the 2 comic book stores i could get to are 1 hour and the other is like 3 hours away. plus i was wondering if there was any other sites for buying comics except the one u mentioned and ebay
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 4:23pm

is that site http://www.comicspriceguide.com good to buy from because there is no stores except this antiques store that sells comics but never has that much. the 2 comic book stores i could get to are 1 hour and the other is like 3 hours away. plus i was wondering if there was any other sites for buying comics except the one u mentioned and ebay

Fortunately, I live near 2 comic book stores, and there are plenty others in nearby Toronto.  I've never bought any comics over the internet.  Amazon should be good if you want some current titles or bounded volumes.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 10:22am
i have 2 questions. yesterday i was looking at my amazing spidermans that i have had since i was younger and found 1 that was in the worst shape. i was wondering if it is still in collectible condition or if i should just re buy it.  it's issue369 and it has afew finger marks or u shaped dents in the back cover and a huge crease in the back cover. thats the issue. now my next question is about my issue 301 i have. the date on it says 2000 and then on a higher number after it for example my number 351 says 1993. does this mean my issue 301 is a reprint?
P.S. if need be i can post pics of these 2 comics if need be.

Edited by vmoore - 24 Jan 2013 at 10:23am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 9:29pm

i have 2 questions. yesterday i was looking at my amazing spidermans that i have had since i was younger and found 1 that was in the worst shape. i was wondering if it is still in collectible condition or if i should just re buy it.  it's issue369 and it has afew finger marks or u shaped dents in the back cover and a huge crease in the back cover. thats the issue. now my next question is about my issue 301 i have. the date on it says 2000 and then on a higher number after it for example my number 351 says 1993. does this mean my issue 301 is a reprint?
P.S. if need be i can post pics of these 2 comics if need be.

I don't think #369 would be too collectible even in mint shape.  It's listed at $8.00 in it's best condition (ungraded).  As for #301, ComicsPriceGuide lists that there was a re-print (Variant Toy Biz edition), so the one you have might be that.

I don't worry too much about condition.  I don't imagine getting much for mine if I sold them, so I just enjoy them for reading.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:10pm
so they ended the Amazing spiderman series and killed off peter Parker. Thats kind of stupid but whatever they wanna do. then they are making the Superior spider-man because Doc Oc or whatever takes over Peter Parkers body and becomes Spider-Man and gets all of his thoughts and memories. this would be fine or whatever but i watched reviews of the 1st 2 issues there are currently only 3 they are working on number 4. Anyway from what i got from the youtube reviews in issue 1 Peter Parker comes back as a ghost at the end of issue one and thats where issue one ends. my gripe with this superior Spider-man series is the fact that they brought Peter Parker back as a ghost when he was suposedly supost to of be finished off and done with in the final Amazing Spider-man issue #700. Basicly why the fuck did they kill off Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-man #700 just to bring him back in the first superior spiderman that comes right after the last amazing spider-man. what do any of you think of this? is it dumb or cool. also i may buy this series idk yet though

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 10:47pm
I walked to local store Comic Book Addiction today: http://www.comicbookaddiction.com/

It was the first time I've been there.  I grabbed a number of comic books they had in their 1/2 off section (the only area that interested me much).  I got some titles from G.I. Joe, From Beyond The Unknown, Strange Adventures, House of Mystery, and The Defenders.

Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:41am
I like some italian comic books (very popular here in Brazil):

Tex Willer:

Julia Kendall:

And the awesome Dylan Dog, the best horror comic OF ALL TIME (don't care about the horrible film hollywood did Angry):

More to come...
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 3:18pm
I made another trip for some more 50% off Strange Adventures and House of Mystery.

Edited by Stooge - 06 Jul 2013 at 3:18pm
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 8:09pm
too bad i have no good shops where i live except 2 antique shops which have vinyl and comics. the nearest comic book store to me is 1 to 1 and a half hours away
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic