MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

amazing new band Black Water Rising

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: amazing new band Black Water Rising
    Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:34am
hi guys,

a friend of mine introduced me to this great heavy rock band from Brooklyn called "Black Water Rising".  I wanted to introduce you guys to them and see what you think.  We need an interview with the lead singer Robert Traynor.

their single "Brother Go On" is on heavy rotation on some US radio stations.  It's heavy but got a catchy edge to it.

here is the interview below (you can see the images and stuff at http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx)  and here is a link to their music.  http://www.loudtrax.com/Artist/BlackWaterRising

I'll be up front and mention that i don't manage the band and am not part of the band, but we do have their album for sale on our download site.  they're a great new band that we should know about!

INTERVIEW:

Brooklyn�s Black Water Rising was introduced to me by their manager and mutual friend.  As soon as the first few riffs starting playing, you knew this band was the real deal. Singer and band leader Robert Traynor leads this foursome with riff heavy, melodic and memorable songs.  Nothing revolutionary, but some great straight ahead Heavy Rock that sounds fresh and ready to be cranked up!

Robert Traynor took some time to answer a few questions for our Rock, Metal, Punk download site.  

LoudTrax.com 
�Brother Go On� is the first single off your debut, self titled album and it�s getting quite a buzz and drawing interest from different circles.  Tell us about the song and how you feel about the response so far.

Robert Traynor "Brother Go On" is a song about rising up, it's about making a stand against that which would hold you down.  I wrote the song after watching all the corruption and bullshit of my countries' government, and how even though someone may feel small and powerless to make a stand against it,  you still can. The little guy can make a difference.

I'm happy people are diggin the song and the message. It's good to see people still like songs that actually say something as opposed to the fluff filled bullshit flooding the radio.

LoudTrax.com  You mentioned the first single was getting some great reactions on US radio.  How has that helped the band get their word out?

Robert Traynor "Brother Go On" was first added to regular rotation on SIRIUS Satellite Radio's OCTANE channel and we have gotten over 1,500 spins to date. Over a year in regular rotation!  Terrestrial radio stations have also come onboard throughout the United States, most because they had heard the song on OCTANE, and through the internet.  We started a radio campaign to get the song out there and the reaction has been great thus far.

LoudTrax.com  You performed at SXSW, at the High Times Doobie Awards.  What was it like to play SXSW now that your album is out and what kind of reaction did you guys get?

Robert Traynor Last years' SXSW was a real trip. We had a great time and the reaction there to the band was awesome. We played two shows that day, one during the day, where we were awarded The High Times DOOBIE AWARD for Best Rock, and one in the evening.

LoudTrax.com  There are no �fillers� on your debut album.  All the songs are strong and you can feel the emotion and passion from the band.  They say the first album is the easiest to write cause you had all your life to write it, while the 2nd album can be a real challenge when faced with higher expectations, deadlines, etc.  Have you guys starting thinking about a follow up?   What approach will you take?

Robert Traynor  I will take the same approach that I took to the first.  No approach at all.  I just write music and what comes about, comes about.  I have already been writing for the next album, we even play some of the songs live with the current crop just to gauge a reaction from our fans and I'm happy to report that folks are actually feeling stronger about the new songs!

I have a home studio and I enjoy recording and writing as much as possible. There is no shortage of fucked up things to write about, all you have to do is watch the news, and I write riffs every time I pick up a guitar. Put the two together and you have seeds for new songs. This album has just come out and I have already written more than half of the next. There are no deadlines because we answer to no one but ourselves.

LoudTrax.com  The album was out digitally in 2009, but was only released at physical retail in March 2010.  How important was it for you to be at the retail level? 

Robert Traynor  Anyone can put their music out digitally. And it's an amazing thing that through the internet you can get your music out to the world. But people still like to buy CD's and there are people who actually go to record stores. Our sales on iTunes have always been good but once the album became available through Amazon.com mail order sales went up big time. We sell more CD's weekly than downloads so I guess the CD is still king. When you have an album out there you want there to be as many outlets as possible for folks to obtain your music.

LoudTrax.com  What are the bands plans coming up?  Any more tour dates added?

Robert Traynor  We are just trying to spread the word as much as possible. Touring is tough because we have no money and we are an independent band so without the push of a fat cat label pickins are slim. The music biz is hurting BIG TIME and it's harder than ever for little acts like us but we are moving forward slowly and thats the name of the game for Black Water Rising... one brick at a time.

We plan on playing as much as possible, and getting the music out there, and it is. There is no clock over our heads and no expiration date on this music so we don't mind the slow climb. We are grateful for the great response we are getting from the Rock community and we gain new fans everyday.  

Visit the Black Water Rising MySpace page where you can listen to their music.

LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image