MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edge of Sanity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:34am
i will try Crimson, but it's surprising to see that it's only a single track album,
this is quite similar to Jethro Tull's style.

now with single track album like that, is the musician's interest and intention is to "force" us to dedicate a full 40 minutes to listen to the whole album without having the chance to skip any section at all?
because sometimes we like to play a cd just to listen to 2-3 songs and then move on to the next album right :)

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

i will try Crimson, but it's surprising to see that it's only a single track album,

now with single track album like that, is the musician's interest and intention is to "force" us to dedicate a full 40 minutes to listen to the whole album without having the chance to skip any section at all?
because sometimes we like to play a cd just to listen to 2-3 songs and then move on to the next album right :)

I can assure, Crimson sounds nothing like Jethro Tull! LOL

As for the second question, Crimson is one solitary track with no breaks or dividisions. I am sure that their intention was not to "force" the 40 minutes on you... you will be more than willing to hear the album in its entirety. There are NO sections worth skipping. Wink

-Jeff
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 7:33am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

I can assure, Crimson sounds nothing like Jethro Tull! LOL

As for the second question, Crimson is one solitary track with no breaks or dividisions. I am sure that their intention was not to "force" the 40 minutes on you... you will be more than willing to hear the album in its entirety. There are NO sections worth skipping. Wink

-Jeff
Clap Crimson is indeed a masterpiece, and it never bores. Never.

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:34pm
Jay,

This should be a good indication if you would like Purgatory Afterglow and The Spectral Sorrows:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 9:19am
^Twilight is a great track. One of their best IMO.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Twilight is a great track. One of their best IMO.

Seconded. That ending is just killer! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image