MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DragonForce Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DragonForce Appreciation Thread
    Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:31pm
Haters can GTFO. 

Come on and show your appreciation for the gods of power metal.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 4:29am
HeadbangerI like Dragonforce. They play the kind of Euro power metal that I can enjoy. Full speed ahead almost all the time. it�s incredibly cheesy but that almost goes without saying. In the case of Dragonforce I have no problem with it thoughBig smile
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 7:18am
I wouldn't call myself a Dragonforce "fan", but I do have a couple of their albums and have enjoyed them very much when I've listened to them.

I remember I picked up "Inhuman Rampage" after reading an article that basically was saying that Guitar Hero made them famous.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 7:20am
On one hand, they are completely overrated for what they do, on the other, they're also unfairly hated upon. I have a couple of their albums, but I don't listen to them much. They are very far from the best power metal out there. I've heard the latest album is much better though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 7:44am
They are all about fun and sometimes that�s just what I need when listening to music.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 8:35am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

On one hand, they are completely overrated for what they do, on the other, they're also unfairly hated upon. I have a couple of their albums, but I don't listen to them much. They are very far from the best power metal out there. I've heard the latest album is much better though. 
the reasons people say their new album is better than their other stuff is because 1 their new vocalist is better then previous vocalist ZP Heart and 2 they shortened the song lengths up and made the solos shorter. i think the long ass solos were a reason people didn't like them.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:06am
They do enough things right.  Better than some more well received bands at times even.  I mean, Blind Guardian's "Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns)" is worse than Dragonforce's entire discography.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

the reasons people say their new album is better than their other stuff is because 1 their new vocalist is better then previous vocalist ZP Heart and 2 they shortened the song lengths up and made the solos shorter. i think the long ass solos were a reason people didn't like them.

I actually don't like their new singer nearly as much ZP Theart, although he's still alright.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 2:49pm
They're pretty good.  I would definitely not call them gods but they're a solid band.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 3:09pm
Pac Man rules!
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

I actually don't like their new singer nearly as much ZP Theart, although he's still alright.
i think he has a batter range than ZP Heart
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:19am
I like Sonic Firestorm a lot.  Without fail, Dragonforce puts me in a great mood.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 6:45am
Not really a fan. There's far better power metal out there.
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 6:46pm
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I have their first 3 albums. I like the occasional song when my iPod is on shuffle, but it's hard for me to listen to a full album in one sitting, and I love power metal.

That said, I went and saw them in 2009 (with Cynic & Daath) and they put on a great, fun show. Herman was on fire that night, and the guitar solo that the bass player did showed that he's the 2nd best guitarist in Dragonforce (making Sam the 3rd best). It was $20 well spent, imo.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

the guitar solo that the bass player did showed that he's the 2nd best guitarist in Dragonforce (making Sam the 3rd best)

my friend saw them live and said the exact same thing, lol....LOL

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
el pechu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el pechu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 10:54pm
I have no problem with DragonForce, but this is really funny  LOL

Edited by el pechu - 21 Aug 2013 at 10:55pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:36am
I used to hate them but I like them having gone back and checked'em out...of course when I did hate them I didn't have a very mature attitude, er, rather, appreciation for music as I do now....at least, not nearly as much...
Heck I considered HammerFall 'Crimson Thunder'-onward to be prime power metal material so what does that tell you? Lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image